Non-invasive diagnosis has always been an imperative aspect pertaining to the ongoing outcome-based care trend in the healthcare sector. Ultrasonic sensors delivering real-time visual analysis is capitalizing over the increasing instances of intricate medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, orthopedic, and cranial nerve disease, which necessitates non-invasive detection and measurement before diagnosis. One of the foremost medical ultrasonography is the obstetric ultrasound, picturing of fetuses of pregnant women. Ultrasonic sensor measures the echoes from radio or sound waves to calculate the attributes of the subject, thus apart from healthcare it has found remarkable scope of application in several sectors including automotive, F&B, and agriculture. Abundant opportunities has driven the global ultrasonic sonic sensor market to be $3.62 billion as of 2018, progressing with a CAGR of 9.56% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Adjustability in terms of pesticides sprayer’s elevated position has to be precise as too much elevation can blow away the dispensed pesticide while too low stationary position will not evenly distribute or even crash with the crops and ground. Ultrasonic sensors employed in the sprayers with its range measurement mechanism detects the irregular ground level of the terrain and adjust the level of sprayer for accurate dispense. Thus its application in the farm equipment market size worth $170 billion to $175 billion (2018) is generating substantial ultrasonic sensor market demand.
Further analysis of the application segment identifies automotive sector to be the most lucrative industry in terms of demand, progressing with an application CAGR of 11.96% during the forecast period of 2019-2025. According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), United States, around 14% of vehicle damaging collisions occur in parking lots enforcing the employment of ultrasonic sensors by automotive manufacturers which selling approximately 91 million units globally (OICA, 2018).
Also, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) is an emerging automation trend to counter human errors with ultrasonic sensors as its most crucial element. It delivers numerous applications in the automotive sensors, like parking assist, security alarms, anti-collision, object distance detection and ABS (automatic braking system). Mobileye, an Israel company, has manufactured a fully autonomous car ‘Environmental Model’ equipped with various sensors including ultrasonic, for a 360 degree awareness to sense, identify, and classify moving objects, drivable paths, barriers and guard rails, pavement markings, traffic signs and traffic lights, and know where each path leads. Hence, with autonomous vehicles with every requisite potential to become commonplace, the automotive application of ultrasonic sensors foresees no limitations of perpetual demand and opportunities.
Following a critical demand analysis as per the regional viewpoint of the ultrasonic sensors market, APAC was reckoned to be the most profitable region encapsulating 26.62% of global demand in 2018. The sheer affluence of this terrain constituting manufacturing nucleus of China and India can be attributed to the rapidly innovating and robustly developing agricultural machinery, automotive and healthcare sector. Some factors supporting the argument-
· APAC is the leading region in terms of demand for farm equipment market, gripping 40%-45% of the global demand in 2018. Automation in farming equipment in the markets of China is creating demand for ultrasonic sensors is pesticide sprayers, agricultural drones.
· Densely populated economy of India and China in APAC, contributes more than 30% towards global population. Pregnancy rates being escalating is generating demand for obstetric ultrasonic transducers in the healthcare sector.
· Driverless vehicles is a major trend disrupting the demand for ultrasonic sensors. In December 2018, Waymo, a company that established itself from Google’s autonomous vehicle project, legitimately commercialized its self-driving-car service in the suburbs of Phoenix, capiyal of Arizona, U.S. Tracing the development, ride rentals giants such as Uber and Lyft are propelling to adapt the innovation to cut down profit consuming human-drivers. Hence, the commercialization of driver-less vehicle will upsurge the demand for ultrasonic sensors from automotive manufacturers.
· Robotics is a trend leveraging ultrasonic sensors for performance enhancement. MaxBotix Inc., is a manufacturer of ultrasonic sensors for robot’s autonomous navigation, providing information on distance and direction to the target. Robots are going to be an inevitable asset for mankind in future and have already captured employment in several domains pertaining to process automation such as manufacturing, medical, F&B services, and geriatric companions.
Lower reaction speed and precision in comparison with optical sensors are some of the aspects restraining the development and implementation of ultrasonic sensors market, however in medical care ultrasonic sensors are risk-free substitute to radiography solutions and economical alternative to piezoelectric sensors.
Siemens AG, Pepperl+Fuchs, Honeywell International Inc., Cambridge Ultrasonics, Hielscher Inc., Baumer Ltd., Crest Ultrasonics Corp., Branson Ultrasonic Corp., Inrix Inc., Rockwell Automation and Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd. are the key players operating in the ultrasonic sensor market.
Cambridge Ultrasonics have a wide range of product portfolio for several industries such as pharmaceutical industry, medical industry, construction industry, motor vehicle industry, oil and gas, sport and leisure, food and drink, cosmetic industry, and processing materials.
Sensor Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the ultrasonic sensor market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various applications in ultrasonic sensor market, and their specific advantages.
The Ultrasonic Sensor Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Questions Addressed in the Ultrasonic Sensor Market Report
1. Is the market for the ultrasonic sensor market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision ultrasonic sensor market?
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future ultrasonic sensor market during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.