Medical robotics market is widely disseminated market with respect to applications. Medical robotics are used in order to improve the quality of healthcare service provided and also to enhance the accuracy with which it is delivered to its patients. The global Medical Robotics Market is $4.5B in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 19% during 2017-2023. By region Americas holds the largest market share of 62%. Surgical robots is occupying the major share with $4.09B and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 19.7% during 2017-2023.
What is medical robotics?
Medical robots is one larger system designed to assist a surgeon in carrying out a surgical procedure. Medical robots have a potential to fundamentally change surgery and interventional medicine. These robots utilize the additional strengths of computer based technologies and humans. These robots may be thought of as information driven surgical tools. It allow human surgeons to treat individual patients with, improved efficacy, reduced morbidity, and greater safety.
What are the major applications for Medical Robotics?
Medical robots are devices with a wide spectrum of applications such as assisting doctors in performing many types of complex surgical procedures with precision and accuracy by minimal invasive techniques, for hospital and pharmacy automation and rehabilitation. Robotics in healthcare help in reducing complications involved with conventional procedures.
The various applications of medical robotics include Prescription dispensing, Surgical assistants, Telepresence, Sanitation & disinfection, Rehabilitation, Medical transportation etc.
Market Research and Market Trends of Medical Robotics
- Exoskeletons, the new trend helps patients in many ways such as in helping paralyzed people to walk, rehabilitation of stroke or spinal cord injury patients. They can also enhance strength in order to allow a nurse to lift an elderly patient.
- VEBOT a blood drawing robot helps to speed up the procedure than the regular procedure which is carried out with a needle. The whole process takes just about a minute and test approximately with high accuracy of around 84%.
- U.K. scientists introduced the world’s smallest surgical robots called “Versius” used to carry out many laparoscopic procedures which include ear, nose, prostate and throat surgery, colorectal operations and hernia repairs.
- Companion robots can serve as a social partner for their patients and also help them improving in their health conditions to alleviate loneliness or treat mental health issues. Some the examples of companion robots include Buddy, Pepper, Jibo and Paro.
- Origami robot is just an impressive one despite of its size. It can be swallowed and the capsule containing it get dissolved in the patient’s stomach and unfold itself. By using magnetic fields it can safely remove foreign items in the stomach with the help of technicians.
Who are the Major Players in Medical Robotics market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Intuitive surgical, Accuracy Inc, Stryker corporation, Hocoma AG, Mazor robotics, Titan Medical Inc, Hansen medical Inc, Medtech S.A, Kuka Roboter GmbH, Irobot Corporation.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.