Ethylene Methyl Acrylate is one of the copolymer of ethylene that is exhibiting growing prevalence in the market. The Ethylene Methyl Acrylate (EMA) is projected to reach USD 9.8 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. To develop new polymeric materials for both scientific and commercial purposes, the blending of two or more different polymers is often used. One such innovation is the production of Ethylene Methyl Acrylate (EMA). Ethylene Methyl Acrylate (EMA) is anticipated to increase the demand for Ethylene Methyl Acrylate in application such as plastics, adhesives and paints & coatings.
What is Ethylene Methyl Acrylate (EMA)?
Technical grade acrylic acid is the key component for producing Ethylene Methyl acrylate. Acrylic acid formulated with methanol, in a reactor in elevated temperatures with water as by product to formulate ethylene methyl acrylate. It has a high ductility among thermoplastic and it as a very low tensile strength and low density. To develop new polymeric materials for both scientific and commercial purposes, the blending of two or more different polymers is often used. One such innovation is the production of Ethylene Methyl Acrylate (EMA).
The benefits obtained out of such acrylic polymers are immense. The commercial usefulness of Ethylene Methyl Acrylate (EMA) arises from its combination of toughness, clarity, gloss and adhesive to polar substrates. By chemistry it can be segmented into Butyl Acrylate, ethyl Acrylate and methyl Acrylate. Methyl acrylate is an organic compound which is mostly used as reagent in pharmaceutical intermediates. Ethylene functions as an optimal flexibilizer for methyl acrylate which gives permanent flexibility to EMA copolymer. Ethylene Methyl acrylate should be stored in tanks and pipes that are made of stainless steel or aluminum. The product need to be distributed in steel tanks or glass bottles. To avoid polymerization Ethylene Methyl acrylate should be kept under air and stays firm under recommended storage conditions. Ethylene Methyl acrylate is light sensitive so it’s kept away from direct sunlight, and kept in a cool, dry and well-ventilated area which is free from the risk of ignition.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Ethylene Methyl Acrylate Market by type, application, end-user product, end-user industries and geography.
What are the major applications for Ethylene Methyl Acrylate?
The various end users assessed includes Automotive, Healthcare, and Agriculture, Industrial packaging, Industrial liners, Consumer goods and Bio-Degradable. Paints & coatings is predicted to be the largest and rapidly-growing application of acrylate during the forecast period. High prospective of growth in paints & coatings market caused due to changing lifestyles, infrastructural developments and increasing disposable incomes, and increase in renovation & refurbishment activities. Adhesives and sealants is predicted to accelerate the growth as ethylene copolymers are extensively used in application such sector due to its mechanical cohesion and adhesive properties. Automotive market growth have also contributed in growth prospective for acrylate in automotive paints & coatings. The packaging industry is also one of the fastest-growing segment. Acrylates are also utilized for packaging in consumer goods coatings, paper coatings and as it scatters in inks which are used in printing textiles and on packaged goods. E-commerce has surged in the packaging end-user industry, which is all responsible for resulting development of the acrylate market.
Market Research and Market Trends of Ethylene Methyl Acrylate:
- Product development services has been provided by Packaging Industries for new projects. The company’s is using highly proficient and latest 3D modeling/rendering software, such as SolidWorks CAD, to enhance your product prototype and to optimized the technological and cost needs.
- Healthcare industry is going to use High-tech polymers and anti-microbial plastics that are created and utilized in devices which lessen the risk of infection to patients. These plastics can kill bacteria on high-touch surfaces avoiding infections. In addition plastic disposables & containers which opposes hazardous substances and helps in keeping infection rates low by sterilized plastic packaging.
- By using sterile and reusable plastic in medical industry the stakeholders saving their money as they are low of cost and very easy to replace. The plastics which are reusable probably have long durability in using those lives when compared to single use metal devices or medical products prepared from lesser materials. Strict regulations in the developed regions associated with the release of instable organic compounds are expected to increase the demand for Ethylene Methyl acrylate during the forecast period.
- As the recycling of film continues to rise, it becomes even more crucial for the manufacturer to find ways to recycle barrier films. The in food packaging aims at producing fully recyclable food packaging with developed gas barrier properties and new properties using high performance coating.
Who are the Major Players in Ethylene Methyl Acrylate market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Asahi Kasei Corp, Chi Mei Corp, China National Petroleum Corporation, Dynasol Elastomers, En Chuan Chemical, Firestone Polymers LLC, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH, Kraton Performance Polymers, LCY Chemical Corp and 20 more companies.
What is our report scope?
The report imparts an outlook on the competitive landscape, product market size, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, market status, revenue forecast, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments and a competitive overview of the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.