Association of aesthetic feasibility with wellness is a major trend grasping numerous sectors across the globe. From electronic devices and automotive to food packaging and infrastructure, designing is an imperative profit inducing asset. Ceramics inks are coated over substrates via analog or digital printing technology as it delivers premium design quality, and resistance to corrosion, scratches and UV radiation. Owing to such benefitting peculiarities, the ceramics inks market has found extensive scope of application in numerous flourishing sectors including construction for ceramic tiles and glass design printing, automotive for glass printing, and food container printing. As per the Institution of Civil Engineers, the global construction output volume is foreseen to increase by 85% with a market value of $15.5 trillion by 2030. With increasing disposable income and rapid urbanization, a huge traffic is inclined towards aesthetic interiors and decorative elements for infrastructure and the trend of skyscrapers is heightening perpetually. Hence, abundant potential in construction amalgamated with automotive and F&B packaging printing sector, has catapult the ceramic inks market size to be $1872 million as of 2018.
Since the inception of digital printing tool adopted by digital ceramic inks, the process has harvested scope for higher customization, prompt design changes, mass production and environmental friendliness. Subsequently, opportunities in the ceramic inks market size is progressing with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.40% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
Analysis of ceramic inks market regional trade has identified APAC as the leading region in terms of demand. This area with economies including India, China and Japan accounted 40% of the global demand in 2018. The dominance can be attributed to their manufacturing nucleus of automotive, high-paced urbanization dwelling innovative and aesthetic construction demands, and densely populated areas augmenting F&B retails. Some facts supporting the argument-
• Urban population In India is forecast to grow by 165 million by 2030 with its construction output outpacing China by almost 100%. And the global construction output volume is foreseen to increase by 85% with a market value of $15.5 trillion by 2030 with India and China leading the way along with the U.S accounting for 57% of all global growth. Ceramic inks are applied as a paint various designs on glass and tiles employed in infrastructures. Tracing the pace of glass replacing contemporary concrete in construction, ceramic inks market is poised to flourish with increasing demand for artistic prints on interiors and exteriors.
• The beverage packaging market, flourishing at a market value of $113 billion as of 2018, employs ceramic inks on glass packaging for design and logo printing. Asia is globally leading as the largest beer-consuming region. It retained its monopoly for the tenth consecutive year in 2017, by encapsulating 33.7% share of the global beer market. Similarly in the non-alcoholic beverages sector, a strong market penetration is owned by India. As per the findings by the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), India is estimated to be Coca-Cola’s top three market in volumes by 2021. It occupies the sixth spot as of 2018 and is targeted to be fifth by the end of 2019. With demand for beverages flowing rapidly and glass packaging holding strong grounds, ceramic inks market is being chiefly supported by the flourishing beverage packaging enterprises.
Ceramic inks market application segment is configured with numerous flourishing sectors as aforementioned, but the reign of construction surpassed automotive and food container packaging. Decorative tiles fixed in infrastructures is the major end-user segment developing with an application CAGR of 8.50% going through 2025.
• Organic ceramic inks are gaining traction with carbon being an integral component of it. These pigments are either derived from plants naturally or when they have been converted into oil and its byproducts. As it contains carbon, limitless range of vibrant and fluorescent colors can be formulated with it. Such range delivers ample opportunities of application aiding customizations.
• Automotive sector following the ‘lightweighing’ is capitalizing over innovations in the glass industry supporting applications of automotive ceramics. Glass being an integral part of modern era automotive is raising bars for ceramic inks application in automotive glass. Apart from serving the decorative specifications, ceramic inks being weather-resistant are applied to check degradation and delamination of vehicle glass adhesive from UV-light radiation, obligatory by automotive OEM and after-market industry specifications.
• As ceramic inks are resistant to water and several other fluids, they are employed in toilets and restrooms. With government in developing economies focusing on individual’s hygiene and health, the construction of restrooms in urban areas are escalating creating demand for ceramic inked tiles for its deliverance of cost-effective aspects in terms of sustainability. According to Census 2011, 8 million household in India do not have access to toilets and a financial aid of around $60 is assigned to each household mounting the total budget to $480 million.
Some of the key players operating the global ceramic inks market are Ferro Corporation, Zschimmer & Schwarz, Esmalglass, Itaca Grupo, Torrecid Group, Fritta, Colorbbia S.p.A., Sicer S.p.A, Kao Chimigraf, Sun Chemical, and Tecglass.
Ceramic inks have limited scope of
application which is a major challenge for this sector. To stay ahead of the
flux in this completive landscape several companies are investing on
innovations to harvest cutting-edge technology to broaden the applications
portfolio. For instance, Ferro Corporation has come up with automotive digital
glass printers, Ferro digital automotive inks and NeXT Graphic software for
Inks Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the ceramics inks market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various types of applications in global ceramics inks market, and their specific advantages.
The Ceramic Inks Market report also analyzes the major
geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market
in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
1. Is the market for the ceramics inks market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 ceramics inks market?
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future ceramic inks market during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.