Fumed silica are produced in flame, hence often referred as pyrogenic silica, is a distinct form of silica consisting of microscopic droplets of amorphous silica. Owing to its peculiar traits such as rheological properties and thixotropic behaviors, it has found implausible scope of application in the paints and coatings industry. As per the World Paint and Coatings Industry Association, global paints and coatings market increased by 4.9% resembling a market value of $164.9 billion in 2018. Apart from paints and coatings, fumed silica is applied as thickening and anticaking agent in F&B sector, as filler and viscosity modulator in printing inks, adhesives, sealants, and unsaturated polyester resins, and the blooming cosmetic sector employs it as a light-diffusing element. On the verge of industrialization and flourishing downstream sectors, fumed silica market size is $1,770 million as of 2018 and is tracked to be progressing at a global compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.40% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Following an analysis of fumed silica regional market values, APAC with densely populated economies and industrial nucleus of China and India is estimated to secure the apex position. Investments by global industrialists, flourishing construction sector and leading F&B retail sector amalgamated with increasing purchase power hitting the automotive market are some factors attributable towards APAC accounting for 37% of global fumed silica demand in 2018. Some of the factors supporting the above argument-
· In 2018, Evonik Industries, a global leader in fumed silica marketplace, in a joint venture with Chinese chemical company, Wynca, has planned to build a fumed silica production facility in China, with production output of 8,000 metric tons. The fumed silica manufactured will be marketed under the name AEROSIL®. The areas of application of fumed silica in China, includes transparent silicones, coatings and paints, modern adhesives and non-combustible high-performance insulation materials. Also, the Chinese market is well supported by the silicone industry for sealants and adhesives in construction, automotive and the emerging and highly adapting electric bikes.
· Cabot Corporation, merged with Inner Mongolia Hengyecheng Silicone Co., Ltd. to escalate fumed silica production in China and exploit the local demands profitably with local production facility. The associates have made investments of over US$ 60 million in the production capacity to determine a strong position in the rapidly escalating market for fumed silica in China.
· Automotive coatings market in APAC accounted for 38% of the global automotive coatings demand in 2018, and is a major employer supporting the exponential growth of fumed silica market in the region.
· Similarly, the sheer affluence of APAC in the global decorative paints market and paints and coatings market with 44% of global share in demands for both the market is another factor catapulting the market with abundant demand.
Among various flourishing sectors down the line as employers for fumed silica market including F&B, cosmetics, adhesive and sealants, silicon rubber, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and battery gel, paints and coatings is the substantial demand governing sector, progressing with an application CAGR of 5.50% going through 2025.
The unedifying trade war in its maximum capability between the U.S and China, global leaders in fumed silica market is inducing significant impacts in the fumed silica market along with its industrial applications including adhesives. U.S. tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminum products have assisted a tectonic shift from metallic to composite or plastic components in motor vehicle engineering, impacting the uptake for adhesives and fashioning albeit indirect demand for fumed silica.
AEROSIL®, fumed silica produced by the production facility built by a merger between Evonik Industries and Wynca- a Chinese chemical company, is being used as a pharmaceutical excipient by the medicine industry owing to the necessity for improving flow properties of starting ingredients mandatory for contemporary tablet and pills. It is also used in dentistry as it escalates the rigidity and abrasivity resistance of dental composites. However, advent of biogenic fumed silica is diverting pharmaceutical traffic away from it.
Evonik Industries recently publicized its strategies to enlarge its fumed silica market portfolio in Antwerp, Belgium accompanying with its policy to establish its spot in the European fumed silica market. The company also exposed its idea to expand its hydrophobic fumed silica production in Rheinfelden, Germany by 20% in countering the burgeoning demand for specialty silica varieties.
Due to its fineness and thinness, fumed silica nanoparticles can be effortlessly developed as airborne, adding to risk in inhalation, accomplished of instigating irritation. Governmental regulatory bodies are enforcing major industry players to divert their operations towards bio based products due to environmental concern. However, the bourgeoning industrial demand for fumed silica cannot be satisfied with less occurring biogenic counterparts.
Some of the key players to cover significant aspects of competitive setting in the fumed silica market are Applied Material Solutions, Inc., Cabot Corporation, Chiefeng Shengsen Silicon Technology Development Co, Ltd., China-Henan Huamei Chemical Co.,Ltd., China National Bluestar (Group) Co,Ltd., Dalian Fuchang Chemical Co, Ltd. Dongyue Group Co.,Ltd, Evonik Industries, FUJI SILYSIA CHEMICAL LTD., Gelest, Inc., Guangzhou Henan High-Industry Co, Ltd. , Heraeus Quarglas GmbH & Co. Kg , and Kemitura.
Silica Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the fumed silica market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various types of applications in global fumed silica market, and their specific advantages.
The fumed silica market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
1. Is the market for the fumed silica growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 fumed silica market?
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future fumed silica market during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.