According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Wireless RAN Market: By Type (Broadcast Radio, Cellular Radio, Macro, Micro, PICO/Femto); By Industry Vertical (Residential, Enterprise, Urban, Rural); By Submarket (Base Station [Small Cells, Macro Cells], Base Controller, C-RAN); By Component (Radio Equipment, Radio Software, Managed Services); By Technology (GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE, 5G, Others); (2015-2023)”, the market is driven by the increase in demand for connectivity across various applications such as consumer electronics, automotive, healthcare among others, have been boosting the wireless RAN market growth.
Browse 100 Market Tables, 159 Figures spread through 156 slides and an in-depth TOC on “Wireless RAN Market (2015 - 2023)”
APAC held the largest market share in the Wireless RAN Market
APAC region holds the largest market share and growth in the Wireless RAN Market and is anticipated to reach $41.9 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 2.83%. Increasing infrastructural developments in various industries have been boosting the utilization of wireless RAN in this region. The key applications include Healthcare, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, and Defense among others.
Selected Geographic Analysis done in the full report
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- According to 3GPP, after testing the 5G technology for interoperability, it is expected to deploy by 2020. This will open up new avenues of opportunity for the infrastructure segment, which has been largely curtailed due to extensive global coverage for GSM, Edge and CDMA technologies.
- The introduction of 5G technology will significantly propel the infrastructure market. Though the lack of coverage in rural areas, particularly in the APAC region, is hindering the adoption of 3G and 4G network services in few regions, however, the rising rural purchasing power, particularly in India, China and Malaysia, has resulted in overcoming some of the economic obstacles in setting up a rural WRAN.
- The virtualization or cloud conversion market for RAN is reaching its peak, with maintenance and secondary services being a major focus for companies operating in this market. The significant rise in penetration of cloud technology, particularly in automotive and healthcare industries will propel the market. By 2018, market experts estimate that cloud computing will become a major factor in the healthcare RAN technology. Even though legacy systems dominate the market, C-RAN will continue eating up the market share with improving security for data transmission from these systems being a major factor for growth.
- The factors driving the wireless RAN market growth include spectrum utilization, reduced cost, new technology development, energy efficiency and so on.
- The increasing number of connected devices and evolving communication technologies have propelled the demand for the requisite infrastructure, which in turn fuel the growth for wireless RAN across the globe.
- Residential is a promising market for the easy radio access in terms of growth rate.
- The demand for mobile data continues to grow in the coming future, various telecom vendors are adopting new and innovative techniques to optimize speed and enhance the overall network capacity.
- Increasing mobile traffic from rising penetration and growing content, requiring increased coverage and speed of transfer will drive the new technology adoption in the market.
- The introduction of newer technologies such as LTE and 5G has resulted in increased demand for this technology globally. This is replacing older technologies such as CDMA and GSM/Edge. WCDMA is another technology which is projected to grow in developing economies.
- The demand for mobile data continues to grow in coming future, various telecom vendors are adopting new and innovative techniques to optimize speed and enhance the overall network capacity.
- Although the infrastructure development markets for 2G and 3G technologies are on the verge of extinction, the service market is witnessing growth as increased coverage and adoption drive the demand for secondary services.
- The introduction of 5G technology in early 2020s will be a major factor in the growth of Wireless RAN infrastructure along with the growth of C-RAN market.
Key players of Wireless RAN Market:
- The total market for wireless RAN market is verified through the capital expenditure of various industries. The market is also estimated for various key players, offering another way of cross validating the data. The data is then summarized and the key findings are disseminated.
- Huawei Technology Co Ltd., contributed a major market share for GSM technology, followed by ZTE Corporation, and Ericsson. The success of the W-RAN industry was built with significant investment for higher bandwidth and speed. Players are constantly strengthening their business portfolio to stay ahead in the competition.
- With the acquisition of Nokia-Alcatel Lucent, Nokia has enhanced their visibility in the U.S. market, while Huawei posed a serious challenge in the European market with its increasing share in the region.
- Ericsson has undertaken a cost reduction program, where the company is looking to increase their capacity in the LTE equipment domain, majorly focusing on markets such as India and China, where the LTE presence is still limited.
- Ericsson, Huawei, InterDigital Tech Corporation and Qualcomm Inc. are the leading companies in possessing a number of patents, followed by various other companies which includes Nokia, Motorola Inc., Siemens AG, ZTE Corporation, among others.
Browse Related Reports:
- Wireless Sensor Network Market: By Sensor Type (Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Level etc.); By Technology (BLE, WI-Fi, Zigbee etc.); By End Use Industry (Oil and Gas, Industrial, Automotive, Water and Waste Water, Chemical, Medical etc.) & By Region - Forecast (2017-2023)
is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports
annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive,
Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and
Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life
sciences & Healthcare.
primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications
of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide
insights on the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of
markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research
needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
look forward to support the client to be able to better address
customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and
get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact
us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)