According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Rice Husk Ash Market: By Application (Building & Construction, Ceramics & Refractory, Rubber, Steel industry and others) & By Geography - (2018-2023)”, the market is driven by the Increasing production activities in the oil and gas industry that has led to the growth of Rice Husk Ash market across the globe.
Browse 64 Market Tables, 177 Figures spread through 156 slides and an in-depth TOC on “Rice Husk Ash Market (2018 - 2023)”
APAC held the largest market share and growth rate in the Rice Husk Ash Market
Asia Pacific region holds the largest market share and growth in the Rice Husk Ash Market, and is anticipated to reach $540.29 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.77%. This region is favorable owing to the large economic developments in China and other developing countries. All the major global players have established their operations in this region. The key applications in this region include Steel industry and Rubber among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- Rice milling generates rice and a by-product which is husk.In this process, 78% of the product is rice and remaining 22% of husk is obtained. In this husk, again 75% is used as a fuel in the boilers for processing paddy and producing energy through direct combustion or by gasification. The remaining 25% of husk is converted into ash through burning and is known as Rice Husk Ash (RHA). This RHA in turn contains around 85% - 90% amorphous silica. The process involved in converting rice husk to rice husk ash are discussed below.
- Rice husk is of low density and unusual shape, hence it poses storage and transportation challenges. It is usually ground and packed in PP bags, or in powder format in lined bags. These bags are transported to rice husk ash processing plants, and unloading takes place through closed bucket or suction.
- The rice husk which is supposed to be transformed into Rice Husk Ash, is firstly heated in an oven at 60 degrees Celsius for two hours. After heating, it is dissolved in concentrated hydrochloric acid solution for two minutes.
- Later, the above substance is again kept in an oven and heated at 60 degrees Celsius for 4 hours. Upon this, the substance is moved into muffle furnace and heated at a temperature of 500 degrees Celsius for 5 hours. Finally, the product obtained after this process is rice husk ash.
- RHA is vulnerable to environmental concerns which cause damage to land and surrounding area where it is dumped. Therefore, commercial use of rice husk and its ash is an alternative solution to the disposal problem.
- Hence, packaging is important for the high quality of the product as well as for the environment. Due to this reason, the packaging is done using plastic woven bags, cardboard box, new or used jumbo bags.
- Rice husk ash is employed in various applications such as buildings and construction, steel industry, Ceramics, refractory and others.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- In Canada, change in the course of economic policy has removed barriers of imports into the country, thus generating significant expectations for construction sectors to grow. This is set to drive the market in the country in coming years.
- In Germany, RHA is useful in the production of low cost building blocks and high quality cement. Increasing construction industry in this country will drive the RHA market.
- In UK, growth in the construction industry is set drive the Rice Husk Ash (RHA) market in near future.
- The market for RHA in building and constructions market is set to see an upsurge due to the growing environmental concerns and enhanced performance because of the use of RHA in constructions. The market revenue is poised to reach $326.24 million till 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.30% during the forecast period.
- The growth in the use of rice husk ash is mainly driven by growth in the end user industries such as building and construction, Steel industry and rubber industry among others.
- The use of rice husk ash at global level is expanding rapidly, with growing incentives from government and different support policies. Owing to the relatively low entry barriers and simple technology, the market is highly fragmented with a few players, of various sizes around the world and across the value chain.
- Rice husk market is going to witness surge in following years due to its growing consumption in steel as well as building and construction industries.
Key players of Rice Husk Ash Market:
- KRBL Ltd. is the leading player in RHA market. The company being pioneer in manufacturing RHA for all major segments like construction, steel as well as fuel has remained the dominant player with constant product launches and developments.
- The next leading players include usher Agro Ltd., AC2N Thailand, VIET DELTA CORP and others. Although these players hold minimal share in the overall market, they continue to be the major players among the vast number of manufacturers existing in the market, due to the constant R&D investments and endeavors to build new technologies.
- The key factor that has augmented the growth of top players in this highly competitive market is their low price and adaptability to suit the customer requirements.
Browse Related Reports:
- Oilfield Cement Additives Market: By Type (Accelerators, Retarders, Extenders, Fluid Loss, Weighting Agents, Dispersants, Lost Circulation, Expansion Additives, Anti-Foam Agents, Dispersants, Lost Circulation, Expansion Additives & Anti-Foam Agents) and By Geography - Forecast(2018 - 2023)
is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports
annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive,
Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and
Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life
sciences & Healthcare.
primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications
of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide
insights on the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of
markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research
needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
look forward to support the client to be able to better address
customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and
get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact
us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)