The Rheology Modifiers Market is expected to reach $2,712.96 million by 2023
Asia Pacific dominates the Rheology Modifiers Market
Asia Pacific will dominate the Rheology Modifiers Market during the forecast period. It is expected to reach $974.31 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 4.6%. In Asia Pacific, China, Japan, and India are the main countries in the Rheology Modifiers Market. This is due to the increasing demand from paints and coatings, pharmaceutical industries, and adhesives. Europe occupies the second position in the market. The strict regulations for environmental protection have encouraged the use of organic rheology modifiers in Europe. In the US, growing demand from cosmetics and personal care sector enhances the growth of the market in the region.
Selected Analysis done in the full Report:
The silica segment generated revenue of $295.8 million in 2015. It is expected to reach $423.88 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 4.6%. The most commonly used silica is fumed silica, also known as colloidal silica in the industry. Fumed silica is a white powder with a very low density. It has hydrophobic and hydrophilic grades, and is mostly used as a rheology modifier. It even provides better stability in suspensions. Hence, it is used for coatings, adhesives, inks, greases, and sealants. Fumed silica is also used in cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Rheology modifiers are important components in paints and coatings as they reduce dripping of the fluid during brush application. They also provide high viscosity at low shear rates.
- Increasing demand for high quality digital print paper drives the demand for coated paper which in turn boosts the demand for rheology modifiers.
- Infrastructure developments will increase the demand for paints and coating industries. This factor propels the growth of the rheology modifiers.
- Growing demand for organic rheology spurs the demand for the Rheology Modifiers Market.
BASF and AkzoNobel dominate the Rheology Modifiers Market. (BASF) Baden Aniline and Soda Factory is the largest chemical producer. It manufactures products chemical, automotive, agriculture, oil, plastics. AkzoNoble, a Dutch chemical company, has its headquarters in areas such as decorative paints, performance coatings, and speciality chemicals.
- Paper Coating Additives Market: By Type (Dispersants, Defoamers, Rheology Modifiers, Biocides, Insolubilizers, Lubricants Others); By Formulation (Water born, Solvent born, Powder, and High Solids); By Paper and Paperboard Type (Packaging, Printing and Writing Paper, Specialty Coated Paper, and Others) By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023)
- Paint Additives Market: By Formulation (Solvent, Water and Powder), By Function (Rheology Modifiers, Biocides, Foam Control and Dispersing & Wetting Agents) By End User (Automobile, Industrial, Architectural, Commercial, Residential) & Geography - Forecast(2018 - 2023)