Infant Formula Testing Market Estimated To Reach $140.5 Million By 2021
Browse 16 Market Tables, 46 Figures spread through 133 Pages and an in-depth TOC on “Infant Formula Testing Market (2016-2021)”
Infant food and formula market is growing rapidly driven by increasing product launches and parents’ inclination towards packaged nutritional products for feeding their babies. In parallel, the testing services are also strengthening with government emphasis on safety of these products and manufacturers’ compliance to those regulations through proper testing. This report provides the detailed market analysis of the various testing services and major technologies related to infant formula testing as well as study the competitive landscape.
This market is primarily driven by the need to examine and certify infant formulas to reduce adulteration and have appropriate amount of nutritional content. Infant formula products are becoming more complex over the years with the addition of various nutritional ingredients and functional additives which need prior testing before they reach the buyers. This market also faces certain challenges, such as a lack of standardized testing procedure and industry wide collaborations.
Major technologies used in Infant Formula Testing include:
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Mass Spectrometry
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
Asia Pacific is the dominant market for Infant Formula Testing and is estimated to reach $49.5m by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2016-2021. Increasing penetration of packaged food coupled with expanding group of working women are the major drivers for the growth of infant formula products and related testing services markets. The Americas account for the second largest market followed by Europe.
The major players in this market Include:
- Bureau Veritas (Belgium)
- SGS SA (Switzerland)
- Covance Inc. (U.S.)
- Eurofins Laboratories (Luxembourg)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
Several food testing companies have been offering separate services for infant formula including microbiology, adulteration, nutritional analysis and allergens testing. Immunoassay segment is set to grow faster in the coming years primarily driven by its cost effectiveness and its wide application base.
Various testing functions of Infant Formula Testing included in the market study are:
- Allergens Testing
- Adulteration Testing
- Nutritional Analysis
- Microbiology Testing
The overall market is also presented from the perspective of different geographic regions and key countries in each region.
- Food Safety Testing Market: By Test (Microbiology, Allergen, Pesticides, Fertilizers, GMO Analysis) Technique (PCR, Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography, Others) Food (Meat & Poultry, Dairy Products, Fruits, Vegetables)-Forecast(2015-2020). http://industryarc.com/Report/10595/food-safety-testing-market.html
- North America Baby Food Product Market: By Product Type (Cereals, Milk Formula, Prepared, Frozen and Dried Food) By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience stores, Specialty food stores, Online Retail) - Forecast (2015 - 2020) http://industryarc.com/Report/7520/North-america-baby-food-product-market.html