Butyl rubber Market Overview:
Butyl rubber is a synthetic rubber produced by the polymerization of isobutene with a small amount isoprene. It has wide range of features like heat resistance, excellent aging stability and mainly high impermeability of gases, because of its excellent features it has introduced in various industries like Automobile, Construction, packaging and others. It is expected to reach a market valuation of 4.2 billion dollars by 2025 with a growing CAGR of 4.7%. Butyl rubber is highly resistant to oxygen, ozone and few acids, Salt and alkalis. Increase in demand for medical products such as stoppers, curing bladders, sealing medicine vials and bottles.
Butyl rubber Market Outlook:
Butyl rubber has been segmented basing on the type of rubber as regular Butyl, Bromo Butyl, Chloro Butyl and others. Butyl rubber is further segmented basing on the applications as stoppers for medical bottles, sealants, adhesives and others. Day by day the applications of butyl rubber is increasing because of its excellent features of heat stability, flexibility, excellent gas impermeability and others. On the basis of end user industry it’s further segmented to Pharmaceutical, health care, automotive industry, Construction industry and others.
Butyl rubber Market Growth drivers:
Butyl rubber has an outstanding properties like excellent resistance to chemicals, ozone, high-low flexibility temperatures which are used in tires and tubes, it has the property of permeability to gas and it will increase the life of the tire. Its low permeability to gas and flexibility makes it ideal material for inner tubes of tires. Butyl rubber is driving the market with the introduction in Automobile industry. Other than tires it is also used in sealants, adhesives, protective suits tubes electrical cable and others. Its low resilience makes it also suitable for shock absorption, vibration damping and insolation applications.
Butyl rubber Market Challenges:
Butyl rubber market is facing a challenge with the fluctuations in the price of raw material and government policies which are effecting the price of Butyl rubber. The levy of Anti-dumping duty on carbon black rubber materials has increased the price of the rubber. Butyl rubber is difficult to handle during manufacturing because of its tendency to trap air and creep. Environmental concerns is another challenge for the market as exposure to chemicals in rubber manufacturing remains a serious health concern. It has poor resistance to aromatic hydrocarbons, aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Butyl rubber Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Butyl rubber Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Butyl rubber Market Report: Industry Coverage
Butyl rubber Market– By Form: Bromobutyal rubber, Chlorobutyal rubber and others
Butyl rubber Market – By Application: Heat resistance convey, cables, tires and tubes, adhesives, sealants and others
Butyl rubber Market – By End User Industry: electricity, automotive industry, construction industry and others
The Butyl rubber Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Butyl rubber Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Exxonmobil.corp, Lanxess AG, Reliance, Japan Butyl Company, PJSC Nizhnekamskneftekhim, JSR Corporation, the Goodyear tire& rubber company and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Butyl rubber Market
- Butyl rubber has special properties like permeability to gas, exponential resistance to heat and chemicals. Butyl rubber is used in several industries which is increasing the demand for Butyl rubber. Butyl rubber is also used in diesel tanks to withstand fouling of fuel injectors. Butyl rubbers are one of the most robust elastomers when subjected to chemical and decontamination materials. Recently Butyl rubber is started using in plastic explosives. The increase demand for butyl rubber as a binding agent in explosives is another advantage to the Butyl rubber market. Companies are starting joint ventures to meet the demand in future. Reliance industries and SIBUR has announced a joint venture to produce 1,00,000 tonnes of butyl rubber at RIL’s integrated refining-cum-petrochemical site.