Industrial Gear Oils Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Industrial Gear Oils market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the Industrial Gear Oils market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Industrial Gear Oils Market Report: Industry Coverage
Industrial Gear Oils– By Gear Configuration: Worm Gears, Spur Gears, Helical Gears, Bevel Gears, Light Duty Gears and Others
Industrial Gear Oils– By Application: Wind Turbine Gearboxes, Shock loads, Mining Machinery, Extreme loads, Worm drives and others
Industrial Gear Oils– By Make-up: Synthetic, Mineral oil, Additives, Bio-based and others
Industrial Gear Oils– By End-User: Agriculture, Chemicals, Oil and gas, Mining, Energy and Power, Construction, Food and Beverage, Transportation and Fleet, Paper and Pulp and Others
The Industrial Gear Oils market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Industrial Gear Oils Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Addinol Lube Oil GmbH, Advanced Lubrication Specialitis Inc., Amalie Oil Co., BP P.L.C., Bechem Lubrication Technology LLC, Chevron Corporation, Croda International PLC, ExxonMobil Corporation and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Industrial Gear Oils Market
- Researchers at the Nanotechnology & Catalysis Research Centre (NANOCAT), University of Malaya, Malaysia developed a potential antioxidant for Industrial Gear Oils. Esters of Thiolated Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) derived from vegetable oils were discovered to have profound antioxidant properties, a vital property in industrial gear oils that prevent oxidation, rust and As the gear oils used in heavy duty industries are exposed to high temperatures and heavy pressures, the thermal stability, antioxidant behavior, structural integrity and performance are a cause of concern for many industrial customers. End user industries are aiming for gear oils with longer life cycles and which fulfill the above criteria. Bio-based lubricants available in the market have yet to compete on par with synthetic based gear oils and thus discoveries like this can push the green industrial gear oils to become a viable replacement to environmentally damaging synthetic and mineral based lubricants.
- Researchers are actively seeking improvised nanomaterials for functioning as a lubricant additive due to their compact size and large surface area. A novel attempt to create an oil soluble Ni-promoted Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) nanostructure has been successful by the Centre for NanoScience and Technology based in India. As industries aim to deliver gearboxes that are expected to operate heavy loads at high speeds and harsh conditions, without undergoing major surface failures and frictional damages. Thus, nanotechnology additive solutions as this can prove to improve the performance of traditionally used industrial gear oils thereby driving growth and increased demand for high performance gear oils.