Construction chemicals additive mixtures are kind of specialty chemicals which are added to improve the durability of the building. The global construction additive market by various types such as concrete admixtures, levelling agents, sealants, water proofing agents is expected to rise with a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Among the different subtypes in concrete admixtures, super plasticizers generated a revenue of $8031.6 million in 2017 and is projected with a highest CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period. Rapid urbanization, increasing demand for better infrastructure in Asia pacific region is one of the reason driving the market growth of Construction chemicals additive. Rapid urbanization and industrialization is expected to accelerate the market growth for construction chemical additives industry.
What are Construction Chemical Additives?
Construction Chemicals are the chemical compounds used in construction activities such as residential, non-residential or non-building. Construction chemicals can also be termed as specialty chemicals. These compounds can be used either in existing construction projects to speed up the work or in new construction projects to impart durability and strengthen the structures. Some of the chemical additives help in minimizing the quantities of cement and water used in the construction. These compounds impart chemical as well as physical properties in applications such as cross-linking or phase change. Construction chemicals are essential for high quality concrete and for improving the concrete performance. These chemicals also increase the lifespan of the construction work and provides additional protection from environmental hazards.
Construction Chemical be further segmented into concrete additives, water proofing agents, leveling agents, sealants, adhesives, grout, and mortar. Concrete additives are kind of additives which are added to construction chemicals, which helps in enhancing the concreteness of the chemical properties as well as physical properties. Concrete additives such as plasticizers, super plasticizers, accelerating agents, retarding agents and water proofing additives are used extensively as they provide flexibility to the designers to modify and to enhance the physical concreteness.
What are major Type of Construction Chemical Additives?
According to some market analysis concrete additives is dominating the market, which is followed by leveling agents. Though the manufacturing of leveling agents product is more than water proofing agents in number but market share for waterproofing agent is more than leveling agent. Construction industry is currently looking forward to onboard the use of sustainable product. Mold release agents are the perfect product for such purpose, mold release helps to prevent adhesion of newly placed concrete to forming surface.
Corrosion inhibition is the process to prevent the corrosion to increase the life span of any constructional structure, corrosion inhibitors are develop with such design which helps to make a structure corrosion resilient. Based on some market insights this developed design will increase the market share of construction chemical additive.
Market Research and Market Trends of Construction Chemical Additives:
- One of the current trend in construction chemical additives is the inclusion of nanotechnology. The use of nano technology enhances the strength, toughness, flexibility, stability and durability. Hence, the use of nano inclusions for harnessing such properties has attained a wide scope. However, the current studies are confined to laboratory stage. Therefore, a lot more extensive studies are being carried out to make this technology economically viable.
- Currently, the consumers are preferring low-odor and easy cleanup water-based products. Thus companies are focusing in the manufacture of better-performing, longer-lasting products and easy to use mixtures. This improvement will boost the value of the construction chemicals market in the forecast period.
- The traditional construction methods lead to accumulation of waste products and toxic chemicals which almost take ages to degrade. These contaminants harm the environment. Companies are manufacturing biodegradable construction additives to limit the negative impacts on the environment as they easily breakdown without the release of toxins. The development of this technology is seeking attention all over the world. This technology is predicted to increase the market share for construction chemical market.
Who are the Major Players in Construction Chemical Additives Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are BASF SE (Germany), Sika AG (Switzerland), RPM International (U.S.), W.R. Grace & Co. (U.S.), Mapei South Africa and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.