Global infection prevention and control market by infection is valued at $141.9 billion in the year 2017 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.1% from 2018 to 2023. The global infection prevention and control system is segmented based on different types of equipment’s in which gloves holds the major market share followed by surgical masks and respirators. Gloves valued at $29.2 billion followed by surgical masks and respirators i.e. $19.3 billion in the year 2017 and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 6.1% and 5.3% respectively during the forecast period i.e. 2018 to 2022. Growing awareness towards prevention and control of cross infection in hospitals and clinics will drive the growth of gloves market.
Infection prevention and control is to prevent the transmission of communicable disease. For the prevention of any infection one should have the basic understanding of the infection and the risk of the infection. Infection prevention and control system includes the necessary products to prevent the cross infection from equipment, surface and skin of patient and healthcare staff. Infection prevention and control market is segmented based on the different types of infections, types of anti-microbial drugs. There are different types of anti-microbial drugs like anti-bacterial drug, anti-viral drug and anti-fungal drug.
Market Research and Market Trends of Infection prevention and control Market:
- A harmless bacteria called Lactobacillus is used for treating generic issues such as digestion problems and skin disorders. This bacteria can also be found in dietary supplements, yogurts and some other fermented foods. Companies in various countries are trying to employ this bacteria to address diseases such as periodontal and caries. The innovation intensity in this particular space is quite high and recently mouth rinses and probiotic toothpastes enabled with lactobacillus bacteria has been introduced in the Chinese market. This further suggest the increase in use of lactobacillus bacteria in various consumable products.
- Approximately 5% of the patients going through surgical procedure develops healthcare associated infection such as urinary tract infection, postoperative respiratory and others from the surgical sites. Thus the market is moving towards the infection prevention before surgical procedure. Companies are heavily investing in the antimicrobial cleansers to rinse the patient body and any infections before any surgical procedure. This process is expected to widely use in both developed and developing countries.
- A bacteria called Clostridium difficile is the major source of infections in hospitals. UV light can act as an antimicrobial technology to destroy the DNA inside the bacteria, fungi and viruses. For sanitizing drinking water and disinfect industrial surfaces UV light has been used for decades. Hospitals are also gaining traction for UV light from quite some time. To address the need, companies are coming up with the innovative solution to maintain the hygienic environment. Recently a company called UVC Cleaning Systems introduced a stationary UV device which keeps the patient away from all infections which is designed to be mounted on the hospital and other institution walls.
Who are the Major Players in Infection prevention and control market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Abbott laboratories (Abbott diacnostics), Alere, Ansell limited, Astrazenecea, Bard (cr) incorporated, Becton, dickinson and company, Belimed more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.