1. Global Tissue Banking Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Tissue Banking Market Landscape
3.1. Market share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End-User Profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Key Financial Analysis
4. Global Tissue Banking- Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.1.1. Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases
4.1.2. Advancements in bio banking technology
4.1.3. Increasing government initiatives and funding for stem cell research
4.1.4. Evolution in regenerative medicine
4.2. Market Constraints
4.2.1. Standardization and harmonization of bio banking practices
4.2.2. Government regulations and reimbursements
4.3. Market Challenges
4.3.1. High-cost of tissue banking technique
4.3.2. Tissue stability concerns
4.4. Attractiveness of the tissue banking Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Global Tissue Banking Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunity Analysis
5.4. Market Life Cycle Analysis
6. Global Tissue Banking Market – By Tissue Type
6.5. Soft tissues
6.6. Heart valves
6.8. Umbilical Cord
7. Global Tissue Banking Market – By Equipment
7.2. Cryopreservation systems
7.2.2. Liquid Nitrogen
7.2.3. Back Up storage systems
7.3. Labeling and coding equipment
7.4. Thawing equipment
7.5. Quality Control equipment
7.6. Alarming and Monitoring Systems
8. Global Tissue Banking Market – By Application
8.1.1. Corneal Transplant
8.1.2. Heart Valve Transplant
8.2. Medical Research
8.3.1. Facial Rejuvenation
8.3.2. Breast Enhancement or Enlargement
8.3.3. Nasal Surgery
9. Global Tissue Banking Market – By Service Type
9.2. Tissue Retrieval
9.3. Serological Testing
9.4. Microbial Testing
9.6. Storage and Preservation
10. Global Tissue Banking market – By End User
10.2. Tissue Banks
10.3. Research and Academic Institutes
10.4. Biotech companies
10.5. Ambulatory Surgery Centres
11. Global Tissue Banking Market – By Geography
11.1. North America
11.1.4. Rest of North America
11.2. South America
11.2.7. Costa Rica
11.2.8. Rest of South America
11.3.9. Rest of Europe
11.4.3. South Korea
11.4.7. Hong Kong
11.4.8. Rest of APAC
11.5. Middle East& Africa
11.5.2. South Africa
11.5.3. Saudi Arabia
11.6. Rest of Middle East and Africa
12. Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&As, Collaborations, Partnerships & JVs
13. Investment Opportunities
14. Company Profiles
14.1.CCLG Tissue Bank
14.2.Taylor-Wharton International LLC
14.3.Tecan Group Ltd
14.5.Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
14.7.Tissue Banks International
14.9.Brooks Automation Inc
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
15.1. List of Abbreviations
15.3. Research Methodology
15.4. Expert Insights
The global tissue banking market generated revenue of more than $39 billion in 2017 and is projected to rise with a CAGR of 5.62% during 2018-2023. In 2017, the cryopreservation systems in the equipment segmented held the largest share and generated revenue of $2.4 billion and expected to grow with a CAGR of 11.28% during the forecast period. The increased awareness among people about tissue donation, government initiatives and increased healthcare spending will propel the market towards strong growth. Furthermore, Advancement in bio banking technology and evolution in regenerative medicine are anticipated to foster the tissue banking market globally
What is Tissue Banking?
Tissue banking can be defined as a collection of various tissues such as blood, bone, heart valves, skin, cornea, blood vessels, soft tissues and so on from donors, which are further harvested, sterilized, processed and preserved by placing under appropriate storage conditions for use during surgery or medical research. Tissue banking is a novel way to treat several chronic diseases such as blood and immune disorders. Tissue baking also plays an important role in the development of regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine involves repair and regeneration of cells, tissues and organs disease which are affected by diseases, trauma and aging. For instance, stem cells have the ability to differentiate into specialized type of cells which are used in the treatment of various diseases. Hence, the collection and storage of cord tissue is gaining popularity due its rich source of stem cells.
What are the major applications of Tissue Banking?
Tissue banking has applications such as use of Bone allografts in spinal fusion surgery, tendon allografts for knee ligament replacement, heart valves for treatment of congenital heart defect in children, viable and non-viable skin dressing for patients suffering from burns, powdered bone used in dental repairs, hematopoietic stem cells and marrow used to replace bone marrow. In 2017, Clinical/Therapeutic is the dominant application segment which accounted for nearly 88% of the global tissue banking market revenue and is anticipated to have fastest growth with CAGR of nearly 6% during the forecast period. This high growth is attributed to the growing stem cell banking procedures
Market Research and Market Trends of Global Tissue Banking Market:
- Canadian parliament has announced an investment of $2.5 million for dementia research as more than 400,000 Canadians aged 65 and above is diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s. The funding includes 1 million dollars to establish Canadian brain bank network that will be linked to the international Alzheimer’s disease Neuroimaging Initiative. The funding will more broadly support brain donation and tissue banking for dementia research programs in Canada which would make way for regenerative and personalized medicine.
- Several researches are under progress to better understand the role of mesenchymal stem cells in treating diseases such as Parkinson’s, autism and type 1 diabetes. For instance, human umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells are being administered every two months in children with Autism to determine the safety of one, two and three intravenous infusions through clinical trials.
- The tissue banking market is growing tremendously as several companies are providing various kinds of tissues for research and surgeries. One such company is RegenMed, which is an established company providing musculoskeletal products like bone and connective tissue, or allografts, for use in transplants. Recently it announced that other tissues such as heart valves and skin for burn surgeries will also be processed in and distributed. Thus gaining a wide market in Canada and U.S.
- Statline developed StatTrac, a software that captures the donor’s information. The API provides real-time access to StatTrac referral data and easy integration of that data into a variety of software systems. This information allows OPOs, tissue banks and eye banks to streamline their processes and make faster decisions within the donation process to save and heal more lives.
Who are the Major Players in Global Tissue Banking market?
The companies referred in the market research report are CCLG Tissue Bank, Taylor-Wharton International LLC, Tecan Group Ltd., BioCision, LLC., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cureline Inc., Tissue Banks International, Eppendorf AG, Brooks Automation, Inc. and several others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1 Global Tissue Banking Market Revenue, By Type, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 2 Global Tissue Banking Market Revenue, By Equipment Type, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 3 Global Tissue Banking Cryopreservation System Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 4 Global Tissue Banking Labelling and Coding Equipment Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 5 Global Tissue Banking Thawing Equipment Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 6 Global Tissue Banking Quality Control Equipment Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 7 Global Tissue Banking Alarming and Monitoring Equipment Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 8 Global Tissue Banking Market Revenue, By Service Type, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 9 Global Tissue Screening Service Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 10 Global Tissue Retrieval Service Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 11 Global Tissue Serological Testing Service Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 12 Global Tissue Microbial Testing Service Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 13 Global Tissue Processing Service Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 14 Global Tissue Storage and Preservation Service Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 15 Global Tissue Banking Industry Revenue, By Application, 2015-2020 ($Million)
Table 16 Global Tissue Banking Industry Revenue, By Geography, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 17 Americas Tissue Banking Industry Revenue, By Country, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 18 Europe Tissue Banking Industry Revenue, By Country, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 19 Asia Pacific Tissue Banking Industry Revenue, By Country, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 20 Tissue Banking Industry: Key Acquisitions
Table 21 Tissue Banking Industry: Key Product Launches
Table 22 Tissue Banking Market: Key Partnerships
Table 23 Tissue Banking Market: Key Product Expansion
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1 Tissue Banking Market Classification, By Tissue Type
Figure 2 Global Tissue Banking Industry Classification, By Equipment
Figure 3 Global Tissue Banking Industry Classification, By Application
Figure 4 Global Tissue Banking Industry Revenue – By Geographic Region, 2014 (%)
Figure 5 Tissue Banking – Key Patents Analysis, 2010-2013
Figure 6 Global Tissue Banking Industry, By Equipment Type, 2014 (%)
Figure 7 Global Tissue Banking Industry, By Service Type, 2014 (%)
Figure 8 Global Tissue Banking Market, By Application, 2014 (%)
Figure 9 Number of Product Launches, 2012 – 2015
Figure 10 CCLG Tissue Bank Year on Year Revenues 2011-2013 ($Million)
Figure 11 CCLG Tissue Bank, By Regions, 2013 (%)
Figure 12 TECAN Group Year on Year Revenues 2011-2014 ($Million)
Figure 13 TECAN Group, By Business Segments, 2014 (%)
Figure 14 TECAN Group, By Regions, 2014 (%)
Figure 15 Thermo Fisher Scientific Year on Year Revenues 2011-2014 ($Million)
Figure 16 Thermo Fisher Scientific, By Business Segments, 2014 (%)
Figure 17 Thermo Fisher Scientific, By Regions, 2014 (%)
Figure 18 EPPENDORF Ag Company Revenue YOY, By Years, 2010-2013 (In $Million)
Figure 19 EPPENDORF Ag Company Revenue, By Geography, 2013 (%)
Figure 20 Brooks Automation, Inc.: Total Revenue, 2011-2014, ($Million)
Figure 21 Brooks Automation, Inc.: Total Revenue, By Segments, 2013 (%)
Figure 22 RTI Surgical Revenue, 2012-2014 ($Million)
Figure 23 RTI Surgical Revenue, By Segments, 2014 (%)
Figure 24 RTI Surgical Revenue, By Region, 2014 (%)