1. Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Cancer Testing Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Cancer Testing Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints & Challenges
4.3. Attractiveness Of Cancer Testing Industry
4.3.1. Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Threats from New Entrants
4.3.3. Power of Buyer
4.3.4. Threat from Substitute Product
4.3.5. Degree of Competition
5. Cancer Testing Market Strategic Analysis
5.1. Cancer Testing - Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunity Analysis
5.4. Product Life Cycle
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Cancer Testing Market-By Type
6.2. Lung Cancer
6.3. Blood Cancer
6.4. Bone Cancer
6.5. Gall Bladder Cancer
6.6. Testicular Cancer
6.7. Thyroid Cancer
6.8. Kidney Cancer
6.9. Liver Cancer
6.10. Pancreatic Cancer
6.11. Brain Cancer
6.12. Abdominal Cancer
6.13. Eye Cancer
6.14. Mouth Cancer
6.15. Breast Cancer
6.16. Cervix Cancer
6.17. Ovarian Cancer
7. Cancer Testing Market-By Technique
7.2. Imaging Techniques
7.2.1. CT scan
7.3. Endoscopy procedure
7.4. Biopsy and cytology tests
7.4.1. Needle biopsy
7.4.2. CT-guided biopsy
7.4.3. Ultrasound-guided biopsy
7.4.4. Bone biopsy
7.4.5. Bone marrow biopsy
7.4.6. Liver biopsy
7.4.7. Kidney biopsy
7.4.8. Aspiration biopsy
7.4.9. Prostate biopsy
7.4.10. Skin biopsy
7.4.11. Surgical biopsy
7.5. Genomic and Molecular tests
7.5.1. Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
7.5.2. RT- PCR
7.5.3. Microarray techniques
7.5.4. Biomarker testing
8. Cancer Testing Market-By Treatment
8.4. Hormone Therapy
8.5. Chemo Therapy
8.6. Gene Therapy
8.7. Radiation therapy
9. Cancer Testing Market-By Stage
9.1. TNM Stages
9.2. Stages 0,1,2,3,4
9.3. Prognostic Factors
9.4. Other Staging Systems
10. Cancer Testing Market- By Gender
10.1.1. New Born
10.2.1. New Born
11. Cancer Testing Market-By Geography
11.1. North America
11.1.1. United States
11.1.4. Rest of North America
11.2. South America
11.2.7. Costa Rica
11.2.8. Rest of South America
11.3.8. Rest of Europe
11.4.3. South Korea
11.4.7. Hong Kong
11.5. Middle East& Africa
11.5.1. Saudi Arabia
11.5.2. South Africa
11.5.4. Rest of MEA
12. Cancer Testing Market –Entropy
12.1. New Product Developments
12.2. Product Launchers, Mergers and Acquisitions
13. Company Profiles
13.1. Dias Orin S.P.A
13.2. Epigenetics Ag
13.4. Positive Bioscience
13.5. Genextropy Inc.
13.6. M Genomics Ltd
13.7. 20/20 GeneSystems, Inc.
13.8. AB SCIEX
13.9. Abbott Laboratories
13.10. Abcodia Ltd.
13.11. Company 11
13.12. Company 12
13.13. Company 13
13.14. Company 14
13.15. Company 15
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
14.3. Research Methodology
14.5. Compilation of Expert Insights
Cancer is caused when abnormal cells divide uncontrollably. There are more than hundred types of known cancers. Cancer testing or screening is carried out to detect cancer before the symptoms appear. The cancer testing equipment market generated over $15 billion in revenues in 2017 while the testing services market generated over $98 billion in the same year and the market is anticipated to further grow at a CAGR of 5.49% cumulatively during the forecast period 2018-2023. The respiratory cancer testing system segment which includes throat and lung cancer detection equipment generated about $17 million in terms of value in 2017. In the same year 2017, the biopsy testing equipment market had generated $47.78 billion through sales of equipment as well as services. Since the cost of cancer screening is very high, several alternatives are under research which would fetch the screening tests at a lower cost and would help in early detection of cancer.
What is Cancer?
Cancer is a disease in which the abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and eventually spread to all the parts of the body. This is called secondary tumor or metastasis. These cells also destroy the body tissues. The major causes of cancer include smoking, drinking, unhealthy lifestyle, exposure to radiations and genetic mutations. The symptoms of cancer include profuse sweating, unusual bleeding, unexplained fever, weight loss and abnormal bumps.
Cancer testing or screening plays an important role in detection of various types of cancer before the appearance of symptoms. The main aim of cancer testing is to reduce the number of deaths caused by cancer. Early diagnosis can lead to better treatment and a greater lifespan. The treatment of cancer depends on the area affected as well as the percentage of tumor present. The various treatment methods include chemotherapy, gene therapy, hormonal therapy and transplantation.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Cancer testing market by type, technique, treatment, stages, gender and end user industries geography.
Market Research and Market Trends in Cancer Testing Ecosystem
- ‘Liquid biopsy’ is one of the latest technology emerging in the market which would help in early detection of various cancers by scanning for DNA fragments which are shed by tumor cells. Companies such SRBI healthcare, GRAIL Inc., and others are raising funds for early diagnosis of cancer.
- In the recent years, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) is being widely used for detection of various types of cancer. NGS allows simultaneous sequencing of targeted genomic areas in multiple samples to detect mutations. The main advantage of this method is the need of low amount of DNA or RNA.
- Swiss startup SOPHiA Genetics has used Artificial Intelligence (AI) that takes raw genome data and studies the molecular profile of person’s cancer to find more personalized treatment options. This technology helps the doctors to understand the cause of cancer and what best treatment can be suggested for the molecular events that are taking place in the body. It is also predicted that AI would be the future of cancer diagnostics.
- Researchers from University of Washington have developed an app that will allow people to screen for pancreatic cancer and other diseases by snapping a selfie. ‘Biliscreen’ uses smartphone camera, computer algorithms and machine learning tools to detect increased bilirubin levels through the sclera of the eye as one of the major symptoms of pancreatic cancer is jaundice.
- Transgenomic’s merged into Precipio Diagnostics to market its liquid biopsy technology for early cancer detection across multiple genetic sequencing platforms.
Who are the Major Players in Cancer testing market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Dias Orin S.P.A, Epigenetics Ag, Techlab, Positive Bioscience, Genextropy Inc., M Genomics Ltd, 20/20 GeneSystems, Inc., AB SCIEX, Abbott Laboratories, Abcodia Ltd., Abingdon Health Ltd, Abnova Corporation, ACT Genomics Co., Ltd.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis so on to gauge the impact forces potential opportunities the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase each report and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.