Chloromethane Market Overview:
Chloromethane is a chemical compound of the haloalkanes organic compounds group. Chloromethane is synthesized by boiling a mixture of sodium chloride, sulfuric acid and methanol. The application of chloromethane as an intermediate in the manufacture of drugs and as a local anesthetic in medication has increased its demand in the pharmaceutical industry across the world. Apart from this, the increasing demand of chloromethane in the silicon polymers is also growing significantly. Germany has topped the list of countries in the exports of chloromethane in the world in 2017 with total exports of 84066 tons. Germany is followed by the United States of America with 13856 tons and China with 6843 tons. In the list of total imports of chloromethane in the world in 2017, United Kingdom stood first above all the countries with total imports of 37060 tons. United Kingdom is followed by France with 20168 tons and then Belgium with 17961 tons of chloromethane imported.
Chloromethane Market Outlook:
Chloromethane is available in four forms as methyl chloride, methylene chloride, chloroform and carbon tetrachloride. It is extensively used in many end-user industries. Methyl chloride is mainly used in the production of silicones, construction, and rubber industry. Methyl Chloride is used as an intermediate in pharmaceutical industry and fine chemicals. Chloroform is mainly used as a raw material in the production of HCFC 22 in the refrigeration industry and as an anesthetic in medical industry, and joints in automotive industry. Carbon tetrachloride is used as a solvent and as a cleaning agent. It is also used in the production of coolants, propellants and other fluorinated hydrocarbons.
Chloromethane Market report comprises of pricing analysis for different strengths of Chloromethane used. The price of one metric ton of high quality of chloromethane is expected to reach $570 per pill or unit by 2022.
Chloromethane Market Growth Drivers: Chloromethane is used in the production of many chemicals including silicone polymers which are used extensively in many end-user industries like paints & coatings, textile industry etc. The growing use of chloromethane as a chemical intermediate in the production processes of various chemicals is one of the factors boosting the growth of global Chloromethane Market.
Chloromethane Market Challenges: Methanol and hydrogen chloride are used as raw materials in the production of chloromethane. The price of methanol has been increasing from the past years. In 2017, global methanol prices were raised by 180% than its last year. Effective from the January 2018, another 0.2$ per gallon on methanol was increased on its price. This will burden the chloromethane producing companies as their production cost and logistics cost also will increase. This fluctuation in the price of raw material will act as one of the challenges in the global Chloromethane Market.
Chloromethane Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Chloromethane market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Chloromethane market and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Chloromethane Market Report: Industry Coverage
Types of Chloromethane: Methyl chloride, Methylene chloride, Chloroform, Carbon tetrachloride
Applications of Chloromethane: It has many applications in many end-user industries. It is used as a chemical intermediate in the production of many chemicals. It is mainly used for the production of silicones. It is used in the joints in the automotive industry, cable and wire installation in the construction industry, syringes in the healthcare industry. It is also used as a solvent in the production of butyl rubber, petroleum refining and as a cleaning agent. It is also used in the production of coolants, propellants and many fluorinated hydrocarbons. It is used in the production of many chemicals like pesticides, insecticides etc. in the agrochemicals industry
The Chloromethane market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- The Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Chloromethane Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the other key players mentioned in this report are Asahi Glass Co. Ltd., AkzoNobel N.V., Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd., The Dow Chemical Company, Solvay S.A., INEOS Group, Tokuyama Corporation, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Ercros S.A., Alfa Aesar, Occidental Chemical Corporation, Kem One and SRF Ltd.
Chloromethane Market Trends:
- On February 2, 2018, Université de Strasbourg, France has published a report saying that in plant-microorganism systems, ecological, signaling, metabolic, and chemical processes and derived material in plants may link to the usage of chlorinated pesticides in the environment and plant chloromethane emission. This factor which is neglected before should be taken into account to assess the global planetary budgets of chloromethane and its various impacts on depletion of the ozone layer.
- Nanjing Tech University, China has developed a new method in 2017 for the production of light olefins from chloromethane. Light-olefins are represented by ethylene, propylene, and butylene which are very important raw materials in the petroleum and chemical industries. The traditional method of preparation is by the steam cracking of naphtha but the yield of ethylene and propylene is only 13% and 5%. This new method using chloromethane resulted in the enhancement of stability and selectivity in the light olefins.
- On September 3rd, 2018, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd has announced that they are investing around $980 million in its silicones businesses. They are going to expand the production capacity of silicone monomer, an intermediate product of silicones. As chloromethane is one of the main components in the production of silicones, this huge investment will lead to the more usage of chloromethane in its market.