The FinFET technology market being a swiftly growing market has players from consumer electronics, automotive, utilities. FinFET ability to bring down voltage, improve performance of device and avoid current leakages have slung the growth FinFET market globally. FinFETs are widely used in various wearable devices such as watches, smart phones and bands favoring the market expansion.
What is FinFET Technology?
FinFET Technology otherwise called Fin Field Effect Transistor is a technology which uses 3D transistors to design modern processors of smart phones, computers, tablets, TVs and other wearable devices. The transistors are called FinFETs because they are structured in a way the silicon body resembles the back fin of a fish. Initially FinFETs were developed on SOI (Silicon-on-Insulator) wafers. Advancements in development have made it feasible to produce FinFETs on bulk silicon wafers and performance of processors on various parameters. FinFET transistor’s architecture contains two gates, which can be unconnected or bind together.
What are the applications of FinFET technology?
FinFETs due to its dual gate structure have better electrostatic integrity and scaling than normal FETs. They exhibit more drive current per area than planar devices improving the performance of the processor.
FinFETs are widely used in smart devices that favor the performance of the processor within them. Also FinFETs are used to attain higher frequency numbers compared to bulk for an assigned amount of power. They also lower voltage for a given amount of current leakage in the gates of processor.
Market Research and Market Trends of FinFET Technology Market
- FinFET technology is the latest technology that is being used widely to enhance the performance of smart devices which play an important role in our daily routine.
- The increasing number of chips and integrated circuit manufacturers have catapulted the growth of FinFET technology. Advantages of chips integrated with FinFET technology such as ability to work on lower voltages with more speed has attained remarkable growth since its inception.
- The FinFETs with technologies have evolved ranging from 7nm to 22nm. Out of this the 22nm FinFETs are extremely popular enjoying the dominant position in current FinFET technology market.
Who are the Major Players in FinFET technology market?
The major key players include Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC Ltd.), GlobalFoundries, Inc., Samsung Electronics Corporation, Ltd., United Microelectronics Corporation, Intel Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated, Arm Holdings PLC., Mediatek, Inc., Xilinx Inc.,
What is Our Research Scope?
The report contains in-depth assessment of the competitive analysis of FinFET technology market, market sizing, benchmarking, market landscape, market trends, technology advancements in s industry, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the market forces and hidden opportunities of the market. Excepting this the report also includes a study of major advancements in FinFET technology market such as technology innovations, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing current market dynamics and its impact during the future forecast period. The report also comprises information about how the latest technology advancements improved customer as well as stakeholder satisfaction.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.