Paints and Coatings Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the types of resin in the Paints and Coatings Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Paints and Coatings, and their specific applications in various end-use industries.
Paints and Coatings Market Report: Industry Coverage
Formulation in Paints and Coatings: High Solids, Water Borne, Solvent Borne, Powder Based, and Others.
Components in Paints and Coatings: One Component and Two Component
Resins in Paints and Coatings: Alkyd, Epoxy, Acrylic, Polyurethane, Polyester, and Others
Application of Paints and Coatings: Decorative/Architectural, Automotive OEM, Aerospace, Marine, and Others
The Paints and Coatings Market report also analyzes the global region for the market. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America (The U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Colombia, and others)
- Europe (The U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, and others)
- Rest of the World (The Middle East and Africa)
Paints and Coatings Market Key Players Perspective
PPG Industries, Inc. is the leading supplier of Paints and Coatings, contributing to nearly 12.16% of the overall market revenue. PPG Industries is followed by Sherwin-Williams with 9.71% and AkzoNobel N.V. with 9.45% share. AkzoNobel, through its broad range of products, constant product launches, and innovations, has been successful in catering to a variety of customers, and consequently, maintaining its hold over the market.
PPG Industries has been successful in catering to industrial and manufacturing needs, but its stronghold over the automotive sector is the primary reason that it is the leading supplier of paints and coatings.
Paints and Coatings Market Trends
- The rapidly developing automotive as well as manufacturing industries are propelling the growth of the paints and coatings market.
- China has become one of the major revenue generators for the industrial manufacturing and automobile sector.
- There is an increase in demand for low VOC paints and coatings as an attractive alternative over conventional coatings due to their physical properties including renewability, biodegradability, and low VOC content.