is an efficient technology designed to deliver large amounts of electricity over long distances with low losses. It can also interconnect incompatible AC networks and stabilize the surrounding grid.
This report identifies the HVDC transmission market
size in terms of value for the year 2014-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2023. It highlights potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to HVDC transmission market.
- This report has been divided based on technology which includes Capacitor Commutated Converter (CCC) Based, Voltage Source Converter (VSC) Based, Line Commutated Converter (LCC) Based and UHVDC.
- This report also includes HVDC transmission market by project type which includes Point-to-Point Transmission, Back-to-Back Stations and Multi-Terminal Systems.
- The report is also segmented on the basis of its application; namely Underground Power Transmission, Asynchronous Grid Interconnection and Off-Shore Power Transmission.
Globally, demand for HVDC transmission is expected to witness growth in the upcoming future due to increasing demand for VSC technology, integration of renewable energy of HVDC transmission systems and better performance of HDVC transmission systems in comparison to HVAC transmission systems. The major factor restraining the substantial growth of HVDC transmission is the high cost of installation of HDVC transmission systems. North America and Europe has the highest market shares by value in global HVDC transmission market. North American HVDC transmission market is followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific HCDC market as second and third largest regional markets respectively. Asia Pacific region is projected to have a significant growth during the forecast period.
This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
This market research report includes in depth analysis of HVDC transmission in each application and in the regional segment separately to provide in depth view of key insights and market scenario. Forecasts are also provided for all the market segments for the period 2016-2023. This report also includes detailed profiling of following sample and relevant players in the global HVDC transmission market:
- General Electric
- Toshiba Corporation
- Prysmian Group
- American Superconductor Corp.
- NR Electric Co., Ltd.
- Transgrid Solutions, Inc.
- ABB Group
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation