Industrial PCs are high-performance computing solutions which are ruggedized to be used in harsh industrial environments and offer a flexible I/O (input/output) interface and display options. Data acquisition and process control systems are the key functions of industrial PCs. Globally, demand for industrial PC is being driven by emergence of IoT and Industry 4.0. The IoT can be integrated with industrial PCs, by integrating IoT with cloud computing and big data analytics into industrial automation processes. In addition, increase in process industry investment will also boost the growth. In near future Oil and gas industry is anticipated to lead the end user market share because of its reforming ventures to curtail environmental hazards like CO2 emissions and use of fossil fuels thus they are focused on adopting new technologies and innovations to curb the costs and maintain ecological balances. Also, solid state data storage medium as it requires lesser cooling and power compared to its electromechanical equivalent can boost up the Industrial PC market share and size. This data storage medium provides similar level of endurance and data integrity as other electronic devices.
Industrial PCs are of various types like Panel PC, Rack Mount, Embedded Panel, Din rail PC with I/O and etc. These electronic devices can be configured as per the requirements. Like the Panel PC can be equipped with different types of motherboards and configured to specific applications requirements. In some cases softwares are custom written for these PCs or an off-the shelf package can be used to provide basic programming. Some examples of it are TwinCAT, Wonder Ware, LabView. Basically a form factor between a nettop and a server rack is used in an Industrial PC.
This report identifies the global industrial PC market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for the year 2021. It also highlights via acute analysis, the potential growth, opportunities in the near future, while also reviewing many important factors like market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, latest market trends, competitive landscape, along with other key aspects with respect to industrial PC market.
Geographically, Europe dominated the global industrial PC market, followed by Asia Pacific. Industrial sectors had more than 50% of the global market in 2015, however they are forecasted to grow at much slower rate as compared to non-industrial sectors. Robotics and materials-handling equipment are the fastest growing industrial sector for PCs with robotics leading from front.
This report segments global industrial PC market on the basis of product type, end-use industry, and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of types of Industrial PCs available in the current market, this report on global industrial PC Market is classified into 6 major segments. Major segments of the industrial PC is as follows: Panel PC, Rack Mount, Box, Embedded Panel, Embedded Box, Din rail PC with I/O.
- The report is also segmented on the basis of end-use industry in which industrial PC are being used as follow: Industrial, Traffic & Transportation, Healthcare, Telecom & Datacom and others.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for industrial PCs in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the Industrial PC market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Beckhoff Automation GmbH & Co. KG.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- ADLINK Technology Inc.
- Bernecker + Rainer Industrie Elektronik GmbH.
- Industrial PC Inc.
- ADDI-DATA GmbH.