is currently used applications which require high precision such as printed circuit boards and aerospace industry. It can also penetrate rocks with higher precision and efficiency which makes it a useful option in both geothermal and the oil and gas drilling activities. Utilization of laser drilling in these applications will also have a minimal effect on the environment. However, the feasibility is still under study and may take some time for commercialization. Thus, oil and gas drilling activities are future opportunities for laser drilling market whereas increasing demand for portable electronic devices is a major driver for the laser drilling market during the forecast period.
In terms of application, it is estimated that applications such as in aerospace and automotive industry are few of the major drivers for this market. Other drivers include high level of precision and consistency as compared to conventional drilling methods. However, high capital investments and generation thermal effects due to the operation are the major restraints for the market.
This report identifies the Global Laser Drilling Market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to laser drilling market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific and North America is estimated to have a high usage rate of laser drills followed by Europe. Demand for laser drills is expected to grow the highest in Asia-Pacific region during the period of study. Electronic industries are estimated to have the largest market size during for the year 2015.This report segments global Laser Drilling market on the basis of technology, application, and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- This report also covers all the major technologies used in laser drilling machines, which are as follows: Percussion Laser Drilling and Trepanning Laser Drilling
- On the basis of applications in the end-use industries laser drilling market is segmented as: Automotive, Aerospace, Ceramic and Electronic Industries
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for laser drills in each of the region.
- Laserage Technology Corporation
- EDAC Technologies Corporation
- SCANTECH LASER PVT. LTD
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies, Inc.
- IPG Photonics Corporation