is referred as a digital printing process which utilises heat from a thermal print head in order to produce an image or text on chemically treated paper, also termed as thermal or thermo chromic paper. Thermal printing is one of the three leading digital printing technologies with inkjet and electrophotography used for industrial printing. Globally, growing disposable income, rising global population, and industrialisation of emerging economies are the prime growth drivers of global thermal printing market. In addition, expanding retail industry, and rising usage in healthcare industry will create new opportunities for global thermal printing market. However, inkjet and laser printing technologies which are key restraints for global thermal printing market.
This report identifies the global thermal printing market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global thermal printing market.
Geographically, North America region dominates the
global thermal printing market
, followed by Europe. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth in the global thermal printing market. Point of Sale printer has the highest share among all the printer type. Among all the end-user industry, retail segment dominated the global thermal printing market and the healthcare segment is forecast to have the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
This report segments global thermal printing market on the basis of technology, component, printer type, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Thermal Printing Market, By Technology: Direct Thermal (DT), Thermal Transfer (TT), and Dye Sublimation (D2T2)
- Thermal Printing Market, By Component: Thermal Head, Platen, Spring, & Controller board
- Thermal Printing Market, By Printer Type: Label & Tag Printer, Mobile Printer, Point of Sale Printer, Kiosks & Ticket Printer, Card Printer, and RFID Printer
- Thermal Printing Market, By End-User; Retail, Transportation & Logistics, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the thermal printing market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- SATO Holdings Corporation
- Star Micronics Co., Ltd.