Soil Moisture Sensor
is used to monitor the moisture of the soil by measuring volumetric water content of soil using principle of capacitance. Increasing scarcity of water resource, has increased adoption of the soil moisture sensors market in a wide range of applications in areas such as agriculture, sports turf, weather forecasting, forestry residential, landscaping and ground care, research studies, and construction. Globally demand for soil moisture sensor is being driven by gradual shift in the climatic conditions and increasing awareness among government agencies. The key challenge faced by soil moisture sensor market is lack of awareness among farmers. The increasing adoption of soil moisture sensor in applications sports segment, residential society and others provides a greater opportunity for the market.
This report identifies the
global soil moisture sensor market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to soil moisture sensor market.
Geographically, Americas dominated the global soil moisture sensor market, while Asia-Pacific is projected to have higher growth rates during the forecast period. Middle East and Africa currently accounts for a smaller share, however they are forecast to have significant growth in near future, owing to rising demand of soil moisture sensor in this region. The overall soil moisture sensor market is dominated by agriculture application, owing to soil moisture sensor ability to monitor soil moisture in different fields and accordingly save critical water resource by avoiding over irrigation.
This report segments global soil moisture sensor market on the basis of type, end-use industry, and regional market as follows:
- Global Soil Moisture Sensor Market, By Type (2014-2021): Volumetric Soil Moisture Sensors, and Soil Water Potential Sensor
- The report is also segmented on the basis of end-use industry in which soil moisture sensor are being used as follow: Agriculture, Sports Turf, Weather Forecasting, Forestry, Asset and Liability Management, Residential, Landscaping and Ground Care, Research Studies, Construction, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the Soil Moisture Sensor market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The Toro Company
- E. S. I. Environmental Sensors Inc.
- Decagon Devices, Inc.
- Delta-T Devices Ltd.
- Campbell Scientific, Inc.