A spatial light modulator (SLM)
are electrically programmable devices that imposes some form of spatially varying modulation on a beam of light by either modulating the intensity or phase, or both the intensity and the phase simultaneously of the light beam. Spatial light modulators are useful in applications where pixel-by-pixel light control is needed for optimum system performance. Amplitude modulation are used in areas such as micro displays, optical correlators, calibrated scene projectors, structured light imaging, programmable spectral engines, and programmable masks. Phase modulation has applications in adaptive imaging (zoom, focus, scan), laser beam steering, microscopy, pulse shaping, optical tweezing, optical communications and wave front control. Globally demand for spatial light modulator is being driven by growing demand for displays in various applications, such as advertisements, gaming, and entertainment devices.
This report identifies the
global spatial light modulator market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to spatial light modulator market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the global spatial light modulator market, and is projected to have the highest growth rates during the forecast period followed by North America and Europe, owing to higher growth in application such as optical application, beam shaping, and display in this region. The growth of Electrically Addressed Spatial Light Modulator (EASLM) is restrained due to diffraction issues caused when used in coherent optical system and due to its expensive price. Equal or more than 1024*768 pixel resolution segment is forecast to lead the spatial light modulator market by 2020. Among all the applications, the fastest growing applications are beam shaping, display, and optical application.
This report segments global spatial light modulator market on the basis of type, resolution, application, and regional market as follows:
- Global Spatial Light Modulator Market, By Type (2014-2021): Optically Addressed, and Electrically Addressed
- The spatial light modulator market is also segmented on the basis of resolution of spatial light modulator as follow: Less Than 1024*768 Pixel Resolution, and Equal Or More Than 1024*768 Pixel Resolution
- The report is also segmented on the basis of application in which spatial light modulator are being used as follow: Display Application, Laser Beam Steering, Beam Shaping (Pulse Shaping), Optical Application, Holographic Data Storage, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the spatial light modulator market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Forth Dimension Displays Ltd.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Holoeye Photonics AG
- Jenoptik AG
- Laser 2000 (UK) Ltd.