Transfer switch is an electrical device that switches load between two power sources either mechanically or electrically. Transfer switches are able to provide quick transition between two or more power sources for an uninterrupted power supply if any of the power sources fails. Transfer switches are utilized in various industrial and residential establishments for uninterrupted power supply. Although, the market for transfer switches is relatively mature, technological innovations such as automatic mode has further improved its usage practicality.
Recently transfer switches are coming as permanent part of the control panel and makes switching more easy and safer. Unexpected brownouts and voltage fluctuation, outages, blackouts, and weather uncertainties have fuel the demand for reliable power transmission, which in turn propel transfer switch market widely. Further, growing dependence on power and critical application in industries, commercial institutions, healthcare, transportation, and households are also attributing to the growth in the market.
The demand for electricity is rapidly rising, especially in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil. Transfer switches are utilized for supplying back-up power for critical applications in industries such as healthcare, telecommunication, and IT among others. Factors such as need for uninterrupted and reliable power, industrialization and urbanization are expected to drive the global transfer switch market.
This report identifies the global transfer switch market size in for the year 2016-2017, and forecast till 2028. Transfer switch market report also highlights the potential growth and opportunities in the fore coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to transfer switch market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for transfer switches owing to the increasing urbanization and industrialization in countries such as China and India. Followed by Asia, Pacific, North America and Europe stood at the second and third position in the global transfer switch respectively. Among all applications, the industrial segment had the highest share in the global transfer switch market.
- This report segments global transfer switch market on the basis of type, transition, and application market as follows:
- Transfer Switch Market, by Type: Automatic Transfer Switch, and Manual Transfer Switch
- Transfer Switch Market, by Transition Mode: Open Transition Mode, Closed Transition Mode, Delayed Transition Mode, and Soft Load Transition Mode
- Transfer Switch Market, by ampere rating: (= 400), In between 401 to 1600 and Greater than 1600 (>1600)
- Transfer Switch Market, by Application: Industrial, Commercial, and Residential
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- ABB Ltd.
- General Electric
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Schneider Electric SE