The global Explosion proof lighting Market value is projected to grow with CAGR of 5.62% during 2018 to 2023. Stringent government regulations surrounding industry and emphasis to use safe and reliable equipment in industries has been elevating the demand for the explosion proof lighting in the recent years. In addition, increasing installation of lighting in hazardous industries such as oil & gas locations, mining industries, chemical industries and so forth places associated with the rising awareness about the safety of employee as well as mechanical assets in an industry have been increasing the demand of the explosion proof lighting.
What is Explosion Proof Lighting?
Explosion Proof lights are also known as Hazard Location Lights and Intrinsically Safe Lights. They are UL certified and comply with OSHA Safety Standards for use in areas where flammable petrochemical vapors and/or pulverized dust exist or have the potential to exist.
Explosion proof lights are designed in such a way so that they are able to isolate sparks within the unit to prevent explosions from escaping. This greatly minimizes the risk of the explosive reaction from spreading, or igniting volatile substances in the area, during an explosion. The products feature a thick casing that covers the lights, though it should be noted that the units are not air tight. Gas is forced take a long, complex route through various pathways and channels due to the design of the light; as it cools down the gas to a safer temperature.
Hazardous workplace conditions can be different at different industries and that means that a comprehensive rating system becomes necessary in order to ensure a safe work environment. Various explosion proof equipment are available including explosion proof light towers, explosion proof string lights, explosion proof exit signs, and various other versions of hazardous area lighting. The classification of equipment is important to understand in order to make an informed decision on which type of light is right for a specific workplace.
What are the major applications for Explosion Proof Lighting?
The various end users of explosion proof lighting include chemicals, Oil & gas, marine, mining, food & beverages, Industrial, military bases, airports and others. In chemicals, explosion proof lighting are used in various applications starting with primary production sage to the downstream in packaging stage, especially in harmful atmospheres, extreme climates and the areas that contain explosive gases.
Oil & Gas industry is the major end user for explosion proof equipment. Rigs that are used for drilling purpose in offshore require explosion proof lightings and also in various locations such as processing facilities, drilling rigs, offshore platforms and petroleum refineries. In Marine industry, Lighting products are used in ships and offshore applications are designed to operate safely and reliable in most hazardous and destructive environments for ship owners, shipyards, other marine applications.
Explosion proof lightings are used for the security and safety reasons in industrial facilities, which affect positively on the performance efficiency, while reducing risk of injuries and minimizing occurrence of failures.
Market Research and Market Trends of Explosion Proof Lighting Ecosystem
- Hazardous location LED fixtures are being made of durable copper-free aluminum frames with powdered epoxy finish. Tempered glass and corrosion resistant stainless steel, with heat sink technology dissipate thermal buildup for increased efficiency and performance. This combination of features ensures continuous operation of up to 100,000 hours in even the most intense environments. SpecGrade LED is leading company which offers a range of explosion proof lights which incorporate above features.
- These special lights have to be tested and approved by strict regulations in different regions. UL844 is the official approval for these explosion-proof lights, in North American regions. Under UL844 regulations, different hazardous locations are defined by Class and Division systems like Class I Division 1 or Class I Division 2, Class II Division 1 or Class II Division 2. ATEX or IECEx is officially required certificate, In European regions.
- LED technology has proven to be a technical trend in explosion proof lights as it makes them more reliable, sturdy and cost-effective. Thus, manufacturing companies are focused to develop such solutions and also imply and incorporate the LED technology in their products to maximize their quality and standards.
- Companies in the oil and gas industry and the petrochemical industry are most likely to choose LED-based solutions because these products offer higher quality and greater safety, moreover they are also very cost-effective. Explosion-proof LED lighting might be the only choice in the future as mercury-vapor lighting is being banned by governments worldwide..
- Latest trend in the oil and gas industry is to go towards the new T8 LED tube lights and the LED floods. This trend is primarily being seen in the cold weather climates of the Canadian Oil Sands projects and the Oil fields of Wyoming and Utah area. They will work in -15 degree Celcius tempertures and much more responsive than the fluorescents or Metal Halides.
- There have been continuous attempts to improve energy efficiency. The building codes are also continuously being that require highly efficient lighting controls, connected lighting. Networked systems are able to analyze usage data to create optimizations that lower energy use and reduce lighting costs. In particular, IoT connected lighting is expected to see a large surge in popularity due to its flexibility, intelligence, and ability to be connected to other non-lighting systems.
Who are the Major Players in Explosion Proof Lighting market?
The players profiled in the report include GE Lighting, Hatch Transformers, Osram Sylvania, Philips Lighting Holding, Chamlit Lighting UK, Victor Lighting, WorkSIte Lighting
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.