(also commonly known as antiepileptic drugs or as antiseizure drugs) are drugs that are used in the prevention or reduction of the severity and frequency of seizures in various types of epilepsy. Epilepsy can be defined as a neurological disorder marked by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, or convulsions, associated with abnormal electrical activity in the brain. There several different types of anticonvulsants which may act on different receptors in the brain and have different modes of action.
This report identifies the
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to anticonvulsants market.
Globally North America dominated the market for anticonvulsants in 2015 due to highly developed healthcare infrastructure, high level of awareness, high healthcare spending on epilepsy, and availability of skilled professionals for treating epilepsy. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets respectively for anticonvulsants in 2015. Demand for anticonvulsants in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth in the near future due to constantly increasing medical tourism in the countries such as China, India and Japan. Also increasing investment by the regional governments in the field of medical infrastructure is also expected to result in increased demand for anticonvulsants in the region.
This report on global anticonvulsants is segmented on the basis of various types of anticonvulsants, treated disease and market size in various geographical regions.
- On the basis of types of anticonvulsants this report classified as follows covering all major types of anticonvulsants as follows: AMPA, Barbiturate, Benzodiazepine, Carbamate anticonvulsants, Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, Dibenzazepine, Triazine and Others
- On the basis of disease treated, anticonvulsants market is segmented as follows: Epilepsy, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Neuropathic pain, Anxiety and Bipolar disorder
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for anticonvulsants in each of the region.
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Pfizer inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- Johnson & Johnson
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd