The In – Car Infotainment Market is expected to reach $33.63 Bn by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 10.68% during 2018-2024 owing to the growing demand for vehicle driver safety and convenience. Furthermore, the development of flexible in-car infotainment systems and advancements in wireless communication is set to propel the growth in this market.
What is In-Car Infotainment Systems?
The In-Car Infotainment System is referred to a set of hardware and software components designed to provide entertainment and navigational services that offer enhanced comfort and convenience to the vehicle driver. The installed systems are integrated with multimedia, entertainment, and driver assistance time information, access to internet, security services and rear seat entertainment. In addition to this, with the advancements in technology, the In – Car Infotainment systems now-a-days are equipped with advanced features such as audio/video (A/V) interfaces, touchscreens, keypads and others which improves usability. Which is anticipated to spur the growth of the market.
The In-Car infotainment Systems are used in different types of vehicles including passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles. The In –car infotainments systems manufacturers are designing and enabling their systems to support telematics. In simple words, telematics can be defined as the combination of telecommunications and informatics. Based on technology, telematics is divided into three types: Integrated Telematics, Embedded telematics, and Tethered Telematics.
Integrated telematics is the use of telecommunication with information and communication technology. Integrated telematics are capable of transmitting and receiving data from one place to another by telecommunication devices. Integrated telematics provide essential information to the drivers such as fuel monitoring GPS, Eco driving, and entertainment to name a few.
Embedded telematics are aimed at removing modules and embed telematics systems to perform various operational functions such as anti-lock brake, cruise control, climate and other functions. The extent of the operational efficiency and convenience offered by embedded telematics makes it ideal for usage by many manufacturers and automotive industries.
Tethered telematics systems provide solutions that enable a phone to act as a modem in order to provide connectivity with the help of services like Bluetooth or Wifi. This helps the vehicle driver to enable hands free voice calling and simplifies the use of other applications.
What are the major applications of In-Car Infotainment Systems?
The Infotainment systems are primarily used in automobiles. Cars, LCV and HCV’s are the primary recipients of the infotainments systems.
Market Research and Market Trends of In-Car Infotainment System
- The heads up display units are growing rapidly in the in-car infotainment sector as manufacturers are scrambling to explore different options which would make viewing information easier to the vehicle driver.
- With the advancements in technology and increasing competition amongst automobile manufacturers are propelling the automobile stalwarts to offer in-car infotainment systems in low and medium range cars.
- Logistics service companies are installing latest in-car infotainment systems in their vehicle fleets to monitor the vehicle dynamics as well as keep a track of the vehicle movements and their drivers.
- As advanced technology is being infused into the present automobiles, premium manufacturers such as BMW, Mercedes and Audi are steadfast and developing their own infotainment systems, to provide optimum experience to their drivers.
Who are the Major Players in In-car Infotainment System?
The major companies in the in –car infotainment systems market are HARMAN International (USA), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), DENSO Corporation (Japan), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Continental AG (Germany) and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates the competitive landscape, pricing strategies, market trends, latest developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis, and so on, to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. It also gives a detailed account of the major developments in the market such as agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers, and so on, to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics and their potential impact during the forecast period.
All our reports are customizable as per your company’s needs to a certain extent. We provide 20 free consulting hours for the purchase of each report, which would enable you to request any additional data to customize the report as per your needs.
Key takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential by analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), volume (units) and value ($m) of the data given at country level for each segment
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities
- Get in-depth insights on your competitors’ performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, SWOT, and more
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key regions to improve top-line revenues
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and increase the efficiency of your processes
- Get a quick outlook of the market entropy – M&As, deals, and partnerships of all key players in the past four years
- Evaluate the supply–demand gaps, import–export statistics, and regulatory landscape for more than 20 top countries of the market.