are ground or molded piece of glass, with opposite surfaces either or both of which are curved, by means of which light rays are refracted so that they converge or diverge to form an image. Globally, development of newer technology, rise in the instances of vision loss and prevalence of visual impairment, and increasing aging population due to rise in life expectancy around the world are the prime growth drivers of the global glass lens market. In addition, increase in adoption of glass lens for newer applications, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global glass lens market. However, higher cost of the research and development, and increasing popularity of refractive surgery are the key restraints for global glass lens market.
This report identifies the global glass lens market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global glass lens market.
Geographically, North America dominates the glass lens market and Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, and modernizing healthcare infrastructure in this region. Among all the type, photochromic lens has the highest market share in global glass lens market, owing to rising demand, since this lens enhance vision and simultaneously protects the user from harmful UV rays.This report segments global glass lens market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the glass lens market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Glass Lens Market, By Type: Progressive Lens, Single Vision Lens, Bifocal Lens, Photochromic Lens, and Others
- The report has focused study on glass lens market by basis of application such as: Corrective Lens, Magnifying Glasses, Cameras, Microscopes, Telescopes, Data Storage Media, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Essilor International S.A.
- Hoya Corporation
- Luxottica Group S.p.A.
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Shanghai Conant Optics Co., Ltd.