is a method of getting nutrition into the body through the veins. It is delivered either peripherally or centrally, through the superior vena cava, this helps in crossing the first-pass effect. Globally, growing population of cancer patients, rise in the awareness prevalence of chronic medical conditions, increasing awareness by various government bodies, spur in demand for peripheral intravenous nutrition, and increasing incidences of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are the prime growth drivers of parenteral nutrition market. In addition, increase in adoption of parenteral nutrition, and emerging economies such as China, India and others will create new opportunities for parenteral nutrition market. However, higher cost of the research and development, growing preference for enteral nutrition, and risk of side effects and infection are the key restraints for parenteral nutrition market.
This report identifies the global parenteral nutrition market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to parenteral nutrition market.
Geographically, North America dominated the parenteral nutrition market, and Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing population prone to malnutrition, rise in awareness among people and modernising of healthcare infrastructure in developing nations such as China and India in this region. Among all nutrition type, single dose amino acid solution has the highest market share in parenteral nutrition market, owing to lower risk of side effects and can be consumed by individuals of all ages.This report segments parenteral nutrition market on the basis of product type, and regional market as follows:
- Parenteral Nutrition Market, By Nutrition Type: Carbohydrates, Parenteral Lipid Emulsion, Single Dose Amino Acid Solution, Trace Elements, Vitamins and Minerals
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the parenteral nutrition market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory Inc.
- SichuanKelun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Grifols International S.A.
- Baxter International Inc.