Medical services require wires and cables for measurement and treatment purposes. For medical cable assemblies that must withstand a high number of steam autoclave cycles, silicone-jacketed cable and silicone over-molding of strain reliefs are typically required.
Medical tubing is one of the major applications of silicone and is used in devices such as respirators and intravenous drug. Apart from these, silicone are also used in ventilation masks, transfusion delivery systems, handles for surgical instruments, breading tubes, microphone holders for hearing aids, tube connector and many other.
Rising health concerns coupled with the increasing adoption of advanced technologies in the field of medicine for various applications have been stimulating the market revenue in the recent years. Rising infrastructure development in healthcare will allow the silicon wire and cable manufacturers to expand their penetration in the country with huge application of these wires from medical equipment to patient care. The global U.S. Medical Silicone Wires & Cables market is estimated at 609.91 million in 2017 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 4.44%.
What are Silicone Medical Wires & Cables?
Silicone is an elastomeric polymer which is composed of carbon, hydrogen & oxygen which amalgamates to form a heat resistant rubber like material with properties similar to non-reactiveness, stability and resistant to extreme environments and temperatures coupled with highly flexibility at lower temperatures. Silicone is used both as a jacket material and over-mold for cable assemblies in medical device applications because it is the most compatible in terms of sterilization, disinfection, and cleaning. Typically, the same over-molding captures the silicone jacketed cable and creates a chemical bond between over-molded strain relief and the cable jacket also enhancing sterilization withstand.
What are the major applications for Medical Wires & Cables?
Most medical cable assemblies that are designed to withstand a high number of steam sterilization cycles incorporate one or more metal shell connectors and silicone-jacketed cable or coaxial cables. Over-molding silicone provides a stronger bond to metal connector components than thermoplastic resins, creating a moisture-proof mechanical bond which contributes to sterilization withstand.
Silicone cable assemblies are characterized by excellent flexibility, durability and the ability to withstand cleaning, disinfection and hundreds of steam autoclave sterilization cycles. These characteristics make silicone a logical material choice for cables used for video endoscopy, surgical power tools, electrosurgical instruments, laparoscopy, ophthalmic lasers and robotic surgery.
Market Research and Market Trends of U.S. Medical Wires & Cables Ecosystem
- The Wiring Harness Manufacturer’s Association Manufacturer Members has been formed which recognize the sensitivity and specific requirements in manufacturing medical equipment and devices. WHMA’s Manufacturer Members are recognized in the Cable and Wire Harness Industry through their understanding and practice of the “IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard” which is the worldwide benchmark for quality workmanship in medical wires and cables. The association sets regulatory standards for medical cables and wires since the equipment is sensitive and deals with people’s life. The association comprises of about 100 members and is headquartered in state of Minnesota in the U.S.
- There has been a continuous demand for miniaturization of assemblies and systems in medical domain. Particularly in chemically resistant products it has been necessary to develop processes and equipment which are not currently available on the market. Lorom has been able to develop processing and manufacturing skills in every component in medical devices and interconnects. LOROM is an international player and has invested significantly over the past in R&D to be able to offer unrivalled medical cables that are within a controlled environment. The chemical labs at Lorom are fully equipped with rheometry, X-rays, gas chromatography, spectrometry, etc. equipment.
- Northwire has developed new medical cable BioCompatic which saves customers time and money with the help of rapid response capabilities and innovative design. The cable assembly offers robust resistance to environmental factors and sterilization means; it is combined with The LEMO Group's REDEL connectors. LEMO manufactures high quality push-pull connectors which are integral part of equipment operated in challenging applications; engineering extremes and harsh environments. BioCompatic offers a quick, reliable, and cost-effective path to market and ensures valued customers’ competitive advantage in the global economy.
Who are the Major Players in U.S. Medical Wires & Cables market?
The players profiled in the report include Leoni AG, Sumitomo Electric U.S.A., Hitachi Cables, Carlisle Medical Technologies, AME Systems, Advanced Transit Mfg, Altex. Amer Cable&Harness, Amsco US, Arc-Tronics, Arimon Tech, Aved Electronics.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.