Polymer emulsion is a process of emulsion polymerization. In this process the emulsification of a monomer is done in the presence of water and a surfactant, especially sodium stearate. Styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene, acrylate ester and methacrylate ester are the most common monomers used in the process of emulsion polymerization. Globally, rising demand of polymer emulsion from paints and coatings, adhesives, and paper and textile industry, stringent government regulations for the protection of environment, low capital requirement for setting up manufacturing units, rising awareness about green buildings and advantageous properties of polymer emulsion are the prime growth drivers of global polymer emulsion market. In addition, emergence of water and bio-based polymer emulsions, increase in adoption of polymer emulsion for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global polymer emulsion market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, and availability of substitute compounds are the key restraints for global polymer emulsion market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global polymer emulsion market, with approximately 50% market share because of growing construction activities and developing paint and coating industry. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in infrastructure, and upcoming stringent government regulations in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, paint and coating sector has the highest market share in global polymer emulsion market due to spur in demand for enhanced quality paints and technology driven coatings. Acrylics is the market leader among all types of polymer emulsion, owing to its better water resistance features and quick drying ability.
This report identifies the global
polymer emulsion market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global polymer emulsion market.
This report segments global polymer emulsion market on the basis of type, application, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Polymer Emulsion Market, By Type: Acrylics, Polyurethane Dispersions, Styrene Butadiene Latex, Vinyl acetate Polymer, Hybrid Epoxy, Silicon, and Others
- Polymer Emulsion Market, By Application: Adhesive & Sealants, Paints & Coatings, Paper & Paperboard, and Others
- The report has focused study on polymer emulsion market by basis of end-user such as: Building & Construction, Chemicals, Automotive, Textile & Coatings, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polymer emulsion market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Asian Paints Ltd
- Financiera Maderera, S.A.