Protein Chip Market Overview:
The Global Protein Chip Market is valued $1975.17 million in the year 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.7% from 2018 to 2023. Globally, development of efficient and advanced diagnosis technology and growing prevalence and incidence rate of cancer patients are the prime growth drivers of global protein chip market. North America is the leading region for protein chip market in 2015 with revenue of $731m in 2016 and projected to grow to $2,024m by 2023 in U.S., these protein chips are also used to understand fundamental biology of various based on gene expression.
Protein Chip Market Outlook:
Protein Chip is segregated based on the types such as Analytical Microarrays, Functional Protein microarrays and reverse phase protein microarrays. To demonstrate Analytical Microarrays by using analyte labeled assay format in this format, proteins are detected after antibody capture using direct protein labelling. Multiple differences in protein expression could be detected in epithelial and stromal cells using this analyte labeled antibody array there is another model sandwich assay format. This format employs two different antibodies to detect the targeted protein. Reverse phase protein microarray allows for the analysis of many samples obtained at different states by directly spotting tissue, cell lysates or even fractionated cell lysates on a glass slide. Many different probes can be tested to specifically identify certain proteins in lysate samples. Reagents and toolkits are also included in this analysis. The End-user segment includes laboratories, governmental institutions, medical research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and others. Protein Chip has different Applications like diagnostics, proteomics, antibody characterization and protein functional analysis. Biotechnology segment is one of the dominant sector for protein chip market. They are utilized for conduction chip based experiments in biomedical researches and drug discoveries.
Protein Chip Market Growth Drivers:
The major Driver in Protein Chip market is Growing demand for personalized medicine, and strong R&D investments in proteomics is expected to register strong growth in the coming years. One more growth driver is rising rate of incidences of cancer and increasing practice for advanced technology in diagnostic testing.
Protein Chip Market Challenges:
Protein Chip Market leaves many challenges in different critical aspects, especially in producing proteins in a high-throughput fashion . It is a method of scientific experimentation that comprises the screening of large compound libraries for activity against biological targets via the use of automation. Moreover, the quality of proteins has to be considered as a crucial aspect because it will determine the quality of the resultant protein microarrays.
Protein Chip Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Protein Chip market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Protein Chip market and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Protein Chip Market Report: Industry Coverage
Protein Chip Market – By Type: Lab-on-Chip, Integrated Systems, Arrayers, Microarrays System.
Protein Chip Market – By Application: Diagnostics, Proteomics, Antibody Charactyerization.
Protein Chip Market – By Technology: Analytical microarrays, Functional Protein Microarrays, Reverse phase protein Microarray.
Protein Chip Market – By Products: Protein Microarray Instruments, Protein Microarray Services, Protein Microarray Reagents.
Protein Chip Market – By End Users: Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic centers, Academic Institutions, Research Centers, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical.
The Protein Chip market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- The Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Protein Chip Market Key Players Perspective :
Some of the key players mentioned in this report are EMD Millipore, Illumina inc, Life Technologies corporation, Sequenom Inc, Sigma Aldrich Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Ciphergen Biosystems, Lumicyte, Biacore, HTS Biosystems and other.
Protein Chip Market Trends :
- Several companies are developing a microarray-chip with a fully automated readout and analysis software. It enables multiplex protein analysis from valuable and scare samples including vitreous and cerebrospinal fluid or fine needle biopsies, as well as many other body fluids, cell culture supernatant and tissue homogenates. These chips come with integrated software which makes manipulation easier. Hence this new approach will simplify the protein analysis.
- The array patterns generated by protein chips are transformed into proteomic maps, or fingerprints which reveal the detailed composition of the proteome. The Protein expression profiling, biomarker discovery and disease diagnostics will be emphasized in coming years. These methodologies will have a major impact on biomedicine, biotechnology, and high-throughput proteomic analysis in future years, and it is expected to bring unique opportunities to perform such as disease diagnostics, biomarker discovery, as well as a wide range of biotechnical applications.
- As growing demand for simultaneous detection of multiple proteins in a single sample, multiplex immunoassay platforms have emerged at the forefront of proteomic analysis. By using lab on chip it detects the large number of proteins in a single sample.