In a broader sense the term “sports analytics” can be defined as the management of structured historical data, the application of predictive analytic models that utilize that data, and the use of information systems to inform decision makers and enable them to help their organizations in gaining a competitive advantage on the field of play. However in the recent time with the evolution of the technology and benefits of such technologies have widened the scope of sports analytics to other applications like player analysis, team analysis and many more. Globally increasing intensity of competition on the field, increasing amount of on-field data and growing demand for real time data is expected to be the key growth drivers for the sports analytics market during the period of study,
Geographically North America is expected to account for the largest share of the overall sports analytics market in 2016 due to technological advancement, better sports training infrastructure, higher technology and digital penetration in sports activities. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for sports analytics. However with growing technology user base, rapidly developing sports and games infrastructure, increasing technology penetration amongst sports activities in the region are some of the major factors which are expected to make Asia-Pacific one of the fastest growing region..
This report identifies the global sports analytics market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global sports analytics market.
This report segments global sports analytics market on the basis of type, application, deployment, and regional market as follows:
- Sports Analytics Market, By Type: Solution, Services (Professional Services & Managed Services)
- Sports Analytics Market, By Application: Player Analysis, Team Performance Analysis, Video Analysis, Health Assessment, Data Interpretation and Analysis, Fan Engagement and Digital Experience Analysis, Others (Hospitality Management and Sales & Marketing Management)
- Sports Analytics Market, By deployment: Cloud, On premises, Hybrid
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- International Business Machines Corporation
- SAP SE
- Oracle Corporation
- SAS Institute, Inc.
- Tableau Software, Inc.