Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT),
also known as Androgen replacement therapy (ART), is a class of hormone replacement therapy in which androgens, often testosterone, are replaced to treat conditions in which the testes do not produce enough testosterone due to absence, injury, or disease. Testosterone deficiency amongst men above the age of 30 years is becoming a common problem nowadays due to life style changes and is characterized by fewer erections, fatigue, thinning skin, declining muscle mass and strength, more body fat. Globally increasing population with testosterone deficiency is expected to remain key growth driver during the period of study. However, side effects of the testosterone replacement therapies are expected to be a key challenge for the industry players during the same time.
Geographically, North America dominates the testosterone replacement therapy market driven by best in class infrastructure, easy access to healthcare, higher awareness about the disease amongst citizens as well as practitioners, and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest markets for testosterone replacement therapy market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing medical tourism, increased spending, and increasing awareness amongst population in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the
global testosterone replacement therapy market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the testosterone replacement therapy market.
This report segments the testosterone replacement therapy market on the basis of therapies and regional market as follows:
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market research report is classified on the basis of therapies. Some of the major therapies covered in this report are as follows: Injections, Pallets, Gels, Patches
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the testosterone replacement therapy market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Antares Pharma Inc.
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
- Columbia Laboratories Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.