Thio refers to a chemical, generally an ion, where the oxygen atom in the compound is replaced by a sulphur ion. Almost all chemicals where the oxygen ion is replaced by sulphur through thionation or thiationion are known as thiochemicals. Thiochemicals remains a very niche market in the global chemical market and sulphur remains at the centre of thiochemicals market as it is utilized in the thionation process, which on further processing gives methyl mercaptan and other mercaptans which finds its applications in animal nutrition industry. Globally increasing demand from the animal nutrition industry is expected to remain the key growth driver for thiochemicals during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominates the thiochemicals market driven by higher demand for thiochemicals in a wide range of applications like the oil & gas industry in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific regions as second and third largest markets for the thiochemicals market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing applications into large and expanding industrial base in the region along with growing awareness about animal nutrition practices, especially in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the global thiochemicals market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the thiochemicals market.
This report segments the thiochemicals market on the basis of type, end-use industry and regional market as follows:
- Thiochemicals Market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Thiourea, Thiosulphate and Others
- Thiochemicals Market research report is classified on the basis of end-use industry. Some of the major end-use industry covered in this report are as follows: Animal Nutrition Industry and Oil & Gas Industry
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the thiochemicals market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Sipcam Oxon
- Hubei Xingchi
- Dexing Zhongke Fine Chemical
- Taizhou Sunny Chemical
- Langfang Jinshenghui Chemical