Thyroid function tests are blood tests which are performed to check the levels of the chemicals (hormones) made by your thyroid gland. Some thyroid function tests also check the level of a hormone made by the pituitary gland in your brain, which acts on your thyroid gland. Chemicals or hormones released by thyroid are released into the bloodstream and they act as messengers, affecting cells and tissues in distant parts of your body. Thyroid hormones affect your body's metabolic rate and the levels of certain minerals in your blood. A globally increasing population with the thyroid problem is expected to drive the demand for the thyroid function test during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominates the thyroid function tests market driven by best in class infrastructure, easy access to healthcare, higher awareness about thyroid and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest markets for thyroid function tests market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing medical tourism, increased spending and increasing awareness amongst population in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the global thyroid function tests market size in for the year 2014-2016 and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the thyroid function tests market.
This report segments the thyroid function tests market on the basis of test type, end-user and regional market as follows:
- Thyroid Function Tests Market research report is classified on the basis of test type. Some of the major test type covered in this report are as follows: TSH Tests (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test), FT4 Tests (Free T4), FT3 Tests (Free T3)
- Thyroid Function Tests Market research report is classified on the basis of end-user. Some of the major end-user categories covered in this report are as follows: Hospitals, Acute Care Centers, Diagnostic Laboratories, Clinics
- Thyroid Function Tests Market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: tele-diagnosis, tele-consultation, and tele-monitoring
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the thyroid function tests market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- 4ways Healthcare Limited
- RamSoft, Inc.
- Sectra AB
- Health Watch Tele Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare