An essential oil is a concentrated hydrophobic liquid obtained by distillation and having the characteristic odour of the plant or other source from which it is extracted. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetherolea, or simply as the oil of the plant. Essential oils are used in a wide range of applications such as medical, food & beverage, spa & relaxation. However, rising demand for fragrances and flavours in food & beverages and personal care is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Geographically, Europe dominated the essential oils market owing to rising awareness and a growing demand for medicines, natural cosmetics and beauty products, and nutraceuticals coupled with increasing awareness in youth, as well as from the vast geriatric population. Europe was followed by North America and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the essential oils market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rising awareness about products derived from natural sources. Also, increasing disposable income has strengthened the essential oils’ derived product demand in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the essential oils market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the essential oils market.
This report segments global essential oils market on the basis of product, applications and regional market as follows:
- Essential Oils market research report is classified on the basis of product. Some of the major products covered in this report are as follows: Orange, Corn Mint, Eucalyptus, Citronella, Peppermint, Lemon, Clove Leaf, Lime, Spearmint
- Essential Oils market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Medical, Food & Beverage, Spa & Relaxation, Cleaning & Home)
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the essential oils market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Sydney Essential Oils
- The Lebermuth Company
- Young Living Essential Oils
- Essential Oils of New Zealand
- Sydella Laboratoire