The Internet of Things (IoT)
can be defined as a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, or people that are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. Increasing usage of online medium for shopping and making payments is generating a large amount of data and transaction for the retail industry which is expected to grow in the near future too. However, the emergence of cloud payments and reduced cost components is expected to remain the key growth driver during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the IoT in retail market driven by higher market share of e-commerce and organised retail in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the IoT in retail market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing e-commerce industry and an organised retail market, in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the IoT in retail market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the IoT in retail market.This report segments the IoT in retail market on the basis of component, technology, service, functional area and regional market as follows:
Sample companies profiled in this report are:
- Internet of Things (IoT) in retail market research report is classified on the basis of component. Some of the major components covered in this report are as follows: Hardware (Gateway, RFID, Sensors) & Software
- Internet of Things (IoT) in retail market research report is classified on the basis of service. Some of the major service covered in this report are as follows: Remote device management, Professional services, Managed Service
- Internet of Things (IoT) in retail market research report is classified on the basis of Technology. Some of the major technologies covered in this report are as follows: Zigbee, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Near Field Communication (NFC), Wi-Fi
- Internet of Things (IoT) in retail market research report is classified on the basis of functional area. Some of the major functional areas covered in this report are as follows: Advertising & Marketing, Digital Signage, Energy Optimization, Intelligent Payment Solution, Real-Time/ Streaming Analytics, Resource Management, Safety & Security, Smart Shelf & Smart Doors, Smart Vending Machine and Supply Chain Management
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Intel Corporation Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- PTC incorporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.