Nanofibers Market Overview:
A Nanofiber is defined as a filament, natural or synthetic, which is slender and thread like with dimensions in the range of 50 nm -1000 nm. 1 nm is equal to 10-9m. The Nanofibers market is a growing market with active research and development being undertaken in its applications in various fields. The market for Nanofibers is less than a few decades old and the research being done shows immense potential in Nanofibers. The present application of nanofibers also shows immense promise in the fields of electronics, medical, pharmaceuticals and textiles huge room to grow globally.
Nanofibers Market Outlook:
The market for nanofibers in terms of R&D is well spread with many countries working on research and patent filling activities in relation to nanofibers. Nanofibers find many application in chemical synthesis as catalysts and reacting intermediates, filter meshes and membranes, elements in cells and batteries, in bio-medical applications and drug delivery systems and in advanced materials in textiles. Despite the novel uses of nanofibers the +market has seen its full potential yet due to production challenges, especially in developing a method for large scale industrial production, which is effective and cost efficient. Primary methods of nanofiber production at present include electro spinning, hot melt phase separation and a few other methods, none of which satisfy industrial needs. The market is still on a positive growth scale and is sure to achieve its breakthrough in the next few years to come.
Nanofibers (TNPP) Market Growth drivers:
There are multiple growth drivers for the nanofiber market. The production method of electro-spinning has been a major driver for the growth of the Nanofiber market with most players following this method for production due to It is fairly simple method and efficient in producing nanofibers at decently healthy start-up costs.
Another major growth driver for the Nanofiber market has been the basic advantages offered by a nanofiber as compared to larger fibers and the ability to produce nanofibers from a versatile range of materials, such as: natural polymers, synthetic polymers, semi-conductors, carbon based, and other composite materials. The advantage of nanofibers include: High surface to volume ration, ease of fiber functionalization, low startup cost and its vast commercial application in filtration, tissue regeneration, cells and batteries and advanced textiles. These factors have been major drivers for the nanofiber market coupled with increasing R&D activities.
Nanofibers (TNPP) Market Challenges:
Due to the Nanofiber market being an emerging market, the prime challenge faced by the market is on developing a novel production process that is convertible to large scale production. The current primary process being used- Electro spinning- despite its usefulness this process depends on specialized machinery, high voltage sources and conductive sources. It also has low amounts of throughputs and poses difficulty in in-situ deposition of fibers. Though there are various methodologies and technologies being researched and developed: CO2 laser supersonic drawing, Solution blow spinning, plasma induced synthesis and centrifugal jet spinning: but none of these methods have proven to be perfectly suitable for industrial production of nanofibers.
Nanofibers Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Nanofibers market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Nanofibers Market Report: Industry Coverage
Nanofibers– By Material: Organic, Inorganic, Metals, Bio-polymers
Air Filtration, Liquid Filtration, Molecular Filtration, Cells and Batteries, Drug Delivery, Regenerative Medicine, Functional apparel, Wipes, Composites, Chemical synthesis and others
Medical and Health Industry, Cosmetic Industry, Textile Industry, Military Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Electrical and electronics Industry, Manufacturing Industries, Automotive industry, Specialty Chemicals Industry, Academic research and others.
The Nanofibers market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Nanofibers Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Elmarco, Nanotech Labs, Kuraray, E-spin technologies, ESFIL Tehno, Parker, Donaldson, Arsenal Medical, 3d Biotek and Welspun.
Market Research and Market Trends of Nanofibers Market
- Leading trends in the market depict the novel use of nanofibers in various application from water purification and filtration to use in advanced medical application and in cells and batteries. Various R&D results show the various applications of nanofibers and the tunability of the material to our needs. The trends of research on methods of production and application have only been increasing with also the development of new nanofiber materials. This trend in the market is not going to die down any time soon.
- The recent breakthrough research on the application of TiO/CNF Nanofiber mat as a cathode host material in Lithium-Sulfur batteries, overcoming the challenge of the dissipation of the polysulfide ions after a few recharges, is sure boost the nanofiber market. The Li-S batteries are said to be superior to Li-ion batteries, which are presently the most used battery type. This application of nanofiber has not only provided a break through result but also reduced the production time and weight of the battery. This is a big step for the nanofiber market and its application in cells and batteries is going to have a huge benefit from this discovery.
- Looking at the patent filling data, we see the very obvious upward trend in the industry of filling patents in fields related to nanofibers. Having started in comparison to the single digit filings in 1990’s in 2017 there have been more than 5000 patent filings spread all over the world. This points to the potential in the market and the race between competitors for propriety ownership over applications, production methods and materials.