In the recent years noble metal nano materials especially silver nano materials are being used increasingly because of their diversified uses and conductive properties. Among these various nano structures silver nanowires have seen increased demand due to its high conductivity and optical transmittance. Silver being a noble metal, has all the characteristics that makes it one of the best ingredients for nano wires.
Silver nanowires have been considered as the next generation transparent conductive electrodes (TCEs) in semiconductor devices owing to their properties such as higher optical transmittance, reduced sheet resistance, flexibility and low processing cost. This market’s total revenue was valued at $320.55million projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period 2018-2023 and expected to reach $ 425 million by 2023.
What are Silver Nanowires?
Nanowires are extremely small sized wires generally below 100 nm in diameter they can be several thousand nanometers long they are generally made from nano silver. Silver and gold are preferred as material for making nano wires since it is a noble metal and has low chances of surface defects and can offer workable conductivity but gold nanowires are expensive for large scale implications. The dimensional difference leads to the nanowires being categorized as 1-dimensional materials. Nanowires generate quantum effects that are not present in normal wires which are made of bulk material. These wires are used in energy, electronics and environment sectors on a large scale.
What are the major applications for Silver Nanowire?
Nanowires are really extraordinary products which help in the operation of several other nanodevices. They are used in solar cells, displays and sensors for making connections which are electrically sensitive. Transparent conductive films and silver adhesives are also available for application in nano instruments.
Nanowires are used in nano-welding techniques for fixing connections in nanodevices. Transparent OLEDs and micro led displays use silver nanowires. Ag nanowires are applied in making printed electronic boards which are very small in size by using special processing techniques. Silver nanowires are being researched at fundamental as well as applied levels. Production technology is simple and also the electrical and optical properties of silver are excellent. AgNWs show great application potential in photoelectron, nanomicroelectronic device and composite functional material including TCFs and conductive silver adhesive.
Market Research and Market Trends of Silver Nanowire Ecosystem
- For assembling metallic nanowires into large interconnected networks at nanowire junctions researchers have developed a light-induced self-limited plasmonic welding technology. An electrical grid composed of silver nanowires can be constructed using this tech. Plasmons are generated where two nanowires are cross-laying. At the place junction, light wave creates a hotspot. Finally, the hotspots disappear at the time the nanowires welded together. This technique is being developed keeping the transmission characteristics of the wire up to the mark.
- Conductive adhesive is available in the market as an alternative for Pb-free leaded solder. The conductivity achieved is still low as compared with metal solder. Chen et al. has prepared silver conductive adhesive by adding silver nanomaterial wires. Studies have shown that silver nanoparticles with different morphologies improve the conductivity of conductive adhesive as conductive fillers. Using large-size silver powder as the main filling materials and adding a certain amount of silver nanowires improves the conductivity further. This innovative use of nanowires has put forward many new opportunities for their manufacturers.
- A systematic and effective research procedure for silver nanowire ink has been developed recently. Researchers were almost immature in this field as there was not a clear research procedure i.e. sequence and number of tests etc. for the development of qualified inks. Silver nanowire (AgNW) ink has great influence on the performance of the resulting AgNW-based conductive film, especially for the large-scale roll-to-roll processed films.
- A latest technique for printing flexible, stretchable circuits has been invented by the scientists from North Carolina State University that relies on silver nanowires to create the flexible substrates. Researchers have a belief that this new technology would allow integration of the material with a wide range of electronic devices. Traditionally, printed circuits can be made using silver nanoparticles but they’re not exactly flexible and often prove to be brittle and significantly less conductive than standard silver nanowires. Electrohydrodynamic printing uses electrostatic force for ejection of ink from the nozzle and draws it to the appropriate site on the substrate. This approach allows the use of a very wide nozzle which prevents clogging while retaining very fine printing resolution.
- Silver nanowires are used in the new method for fabricating ultralight, conductive nano silver gels and aerogels monoliths with predictable densities. Silver nanowire building blocks can be prepared by polyol synthesis and purified by selective precipitation. Silver aerogels are then produced by freeze-casting nanowires in aqueous suspensions after which thermal sintering are done to weld the nanowire junctions. Electrical conductivity and young’s modulus of silver aerogels is acceptable for commercial uses.
Who are the Major Players in Silver Nanowire market?
The players profiled in the report include Johnson Mathey Plc, RAS AG Material Technologies, Showa Denko K.K., NanoTech Labs Inc., Conductive Compounds, Inc, TPK, C3Nano ,Nanopyxis, Hefei Vigon Material Technology.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.