Surgical Instruments can be defined as small displays which require magnifying optics to use them. Surgical instruments are tools or devices which are designed to facilitate a variety of procedures and operations as cutting, dissecting, grasping, holding, retracting, or suturing during a surgical process. Most of these surgical instruments are made from stainless steel. However with advancement in technology, other metals, such as titanium, chromium, vanadium, and molybdenum, are also used in surgical instruments. Globally, increasing aging population and number of surgeries being performed is expected to be the key growth driver for surgical instruments during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the surgical instruments market driven by world class healthcare infrastructure, higher number of surgeries being performed, higher spending on healthcare by its residents. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for surgical instruments. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing spending on healthcare and growing medical tourism in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the surgical instruments market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the surgical instruments market.
This report segments the surgical instruments market on the basis of type, product, application, end-user and regional market as follows:
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Open Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Gynecological Surgery, Cosmetic/Bariatric Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Urological Surgery, and Others.
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of product. Some of the major product covered in this report are as follows: Handheld Instruments, Guiding Devices, Inflation Systems.
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of end-users. Some of the major end-users covered in this report are as follows: Government hospitals and Private Hospitals.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the surgical instruments market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Emagin Corporation
- Kopin Corporation
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- AU Optronics Corporation
- Microvision Inc.