Surgical Instruments can be defined as small displays which require magnifying optics to use them. Surgical instruments are tools or devices which are designed to facilitate a variety of procedures and operations as cutting, dissecting, grasping, holding, retracting, or suturing during a surgical process. Most of these surgical instruments are made from stainless steel. However with advancement in technology, other metals, such as titanium, chromium, vanadium, and molybdenum, are also used in surgical instruments. Globally, increasing aging population and number of surgeries being performed is expected to be the key growth driver for surgical instruments during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the surgical instruments market driven by world class healthcare infrastructure, higher number of surgeries being performed, higher spending on healthcare by its residents. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for surgical instruments. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing spending on healthcare and growing medical tourism in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the surgical instruments market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the surgical instruments market.
This report segments the surgical instruments market on the basis of type, product, application, end-user and regional market as follows:
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Open Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Gynecological Surgery, Cosmetic/Bariatric Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Urological Surgery, and Others.
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of product. Some of the major product covered in this report are as follows: Handheld Instruments, Guiding Devices, Inflation Systems.
- Surgical Instruments market research report is classified on the basis of end-users. Some of the major end-users covered in this report are as follows: Government hospitals and Private Hospitals.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the surgical instruments market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Emagin Corporation
- Kopin Corporation
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- AU Optronics Corporation
- Microvision Inc.
1. Surgical Instruments Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Surgical Instruments Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Surgical Instruments Market– Forces
4.1.1. Increasing Number of Surgeries Among the Aging Population
4.1.2. Technological advancement
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Surgical Instruments Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Surgical Instruments Market, By Type
6.1. Open Surgery
6.2. Minimally Invasive Surgery
7. Surgical Instruments Market, By Product
7.1. Handheld Instruments
7.2. Guiding Devices
7.3. Inflation Systems
8. Surgical Instruments Market, By Application
8.1. Cardiothoracic Surgery
8.2. Gastrointestinal Surgery
8.3. Orthopedic Surgery
8.4. Gynecological Surgery
8.5. Cosmetic/Bariatric Surgery
8.6. Vascular Surgery
8.7. Urological Surgery
9. Surgical Instruments Market, By End-User
9.1. Private Hospitals
9.2. Government Hospitals
10. Surgical Instruments Market, By Geography
10.1.7. Rest of Europe
10.2. Asia Pacific
10.2.4. South Korea
10.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.3. North America
10.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
10.4.2. Rest of RoW
11. Surgical Instruments Market – Entropy
11.2. Technological Developments
11.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
11.4. Supply- Contract
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. Medtronic PLC
12.2. Ethicon, Inc. (Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson)
12.3. Aesculap, Inc. (Subsidiary of B. Braun Melsungen Ag)
12.4. Stryker Corporation
12.5. Smith & Nephew PLC
12.6. Abbott Laboratories
12.7. Applied Medical Resources Corporation
12.8. Conmed Corporation
12.9. Microline Surgicals, Inc. (Subsidiary of Hoya Corporation)
12.10. Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights