Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Overview:
Tissue engineered skin substitutes are upcoming alternatives to traditional wound healing strategies and tissue regeneration. Among the tissue engineered organs, skin was the first engineered organ that went from laboratory research to patient care. The global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market in 2017 is valued at $131.5 billion and is anticipated to $335.5 billion by 2023 growing at an estimated value of CAGR of more than 16.9% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. North America will dominate the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market in the upcoming years. It will generate revenue of $169.4 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 16.70%. The application of Tissue engineered skin substitutes is quite effective in the wound closure of patients with diabetic and vascular ulcers. The treatment of diabetic ulcer includes wound care with dressing and antibiotics are given if there is an infection in the body. In wound healing, when the skin is injured, the organic debris should be removed from the injury, and new components should be added and these processes include mutual interactions between the cells, extra cellular matrix, and soluble factors.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Outlook:
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market is segmented by duration, Anatomical structure, biomaterials, product, application and end user. On the basis of Duration, the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market is segmented in to Permanent and semi-permanent. On the basis of Anatomical structure, the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market is segmented in to Cellular and Acellular. Acellular type of skin substitutes has a major share in the US market. On the basis of Biomaterials, the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market is segmented in to Autologous, allogeneic, xenogeneic and others. On the basis of Product, the tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market is categorized in to Synthetic skin substitutes, biosynthetic, biological, Xenografts, Autografts, Amnion and others. Acellular is having the highest market share which is followed by cellular allogeneic which are valued $757 and $294 million in the year 2017 and are estimated to grow with a CAGR of 17.8% and 15.3% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. On the basis of application, the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market is segmented in to chronic wounds, burns cases, Traumatic wounds, diabetic foot ulcers and others. The Diabetic/Vascular Ulcer segment in 2017 generated a revenue of $716 million. It is projected to reach $2,227. 22 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 17.6%. Hospitals and other healthcare facilities are the end user of the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Growth drivers:
Increasing instances of obesity and diabetes and growth of the elderly population are the major factors driving the growth of Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market. Growing incidences of skin disorders due to burn injuries and increasing incidences of vascular diseases will drive the demand for the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market growth.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Challenges:
The major challenge faced by the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market is large skin defects resulting from burns, trauma, congenital giant nevi, and disease can lead to skin necrosis to achieving skin coverage. Another challenge is the lack of feasible reimbursement policies and inability of reproducing skin appendages which hamper the market growth.
The Stringent rules and regulations across the world concerning ambiguities associated with the environment is one of the significant challenges experienced by Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Report: Industry Coverage
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market– By Duration: Permanent, and Semi-permanent.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market - By Anatomical Structure: Cellular, Acellular.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market – By Biomaterial: Autologous, Allogeneic, Xenogeneic and others
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market – By Product: Synthetic Skin substitute, Biosynthetic, Biological, Amnion and others.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market – By Technology: Laser assisted bio-printing, 3D, Robotic technology and others
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market – By Application: Chronic wounds, Burns Cases, Traumatic wounds, Diabetic Foot Ulcers and others.
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market – By End user: Hospitals and other Healthcare facilities.
The Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include Acelity L.P. Inc., Smith & Nephew Plc, and Integra Life Sciences Holdings Corporation, 3M Inc., Acelity L.P. Inc., BSN Medical GmbH, Convatec Group Plc, Molnlycke Healthcare AB (Sweden) and few more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market:
- After the process of skin substitute some patients may experience few side effects like decreased sensitivity, scarring, skin discoloration and frequent infections. To overcome the side effects the medical physicians and surgeons have begun experimenting with the use of skin grafts from genetically modified pig skin which will reduce the side effects caused by the process of skin substitute. This genetically modified grafts are developed a vascular system within four days.
- In September 2018, Acelity enters agreement to transition Systagenix manufacturing facility to Scapa Healthcare. This transaction is to increase focus on innovation, development and commercialization of an expanded advanced wound dressing’s portfolio to achieve better compete in this large and growing Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market.
- Researchers from US has fabricated 3D bio printing. 3D bio printing is widely used to construct complex biocompatible structures, researchers from the University of Maryland in Baltimore
- are now attempting to extend the technique into the 4D hierarchical micro patterns by exploiting natural soybean oil as the bio ink material. This 4D will help to describe how the micro patterns can be used as biocompatible, shape-changing scaffolds for use in tissue engineering and regeneration applications.