The Global Water Borne coatings market was $80.84 billion in 2017 and is estimated grow with CAGR of 5.90% till 2020 to reach 28.8 billion.
What is Water Borne Coatings?
Water-borne paints are one class of coatings that normally have VOC levels below any regulatory limits and can be used to reduce overall emissions compared to solvent-borne paints.
Waterborne Technology has been around for at least 50 years in some form or fashion. The most common started out as floor polishes to replace wax on vinyl tile floors. Waterborne coatings have been the standard technology choice for interior wall coatings for more than sixty years. As interior wall coatings account for by far the largest part of the architectural coatings.
These new applications would fuel an underlying component of growth that may be seen as waterborne coatings demand
The report by IndustryARC on Waterborne Coatings focuses on the different amalgamation of the market where these gases find their applications
What are the major applications of Water Borne Coatings?
The various end users assessed include General Water Borne, Automotive, Coil & Extrusion, Heavy Duty Equipment and Others
Market Research and Market Trends of Water Borne Coatings
- Waterborne primer is ideal for use where solvent primer would react with existing substrate materials or coatings
- Chemicals present in the solvent borne coatings will react the product or the packaging material which results in spoiling of the product, Where as in waterborne coatings majority of ingredient is water which accounts to 80% and remaining are resins, pigments. These materials do not react with the products or packaging material rather waterborne coatings are environmental friendly which are being used into food and beverages packaging industry due to this reason.
- The pot life of waterborne products is relatively long and unused coatings can be preserved in a sealed container for future use
- The pot life of waterborne coatings products are long, end user can take advantage of this reason and consumer the volume they require and store the remaining for next use. This factor is really helpful and need not take the pain wasting the paint.
- Non flammable, non toxic and odorless properties will increase the usage into oil tankers and food packaging industry
- The properties which waterborne coatings possess as such non flammable, non toxic and odorless are making it user friendly product and increasing the scope of the product as well making prospects wider. Food and beverages packaging industry are making use of this advantages , oil tanker are using waterborne coatings for tank interiors as these coatings are non flammable, non reacting to the substance. Hence, this factor would increase the mileage of the product.
- Fast growing APAC region will boost the sales of waterborne coatings
- APAC region is developing at a fast pace in terms of construction, industrialization, growing per capita income, population when compared to other parts of the world. Whereas, low VOC factor is driving the waterborne coatings market in Americas and Europe and growing APAC region is going to move the market in APAC region.
Who are the Major Players in Water Borne Coatings Market?
The companies referred in the market research report include PPG Industries Inc., Akzonobel N.V, Axalta Coating Systems and others
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.