The global electrical and electronics ceramics industry is expected to grow at compound annual growth rate of 5% during the forecast period i.e. 2018 to 2023. The major restraint to electronics ceramics is its higher cost compared to other materials like metals and alloys. There is an increased use of electrical and electronics ceramics in the medical industry. In 2015 electronics devices were the largest application segment. Ceramics have quite a lot of applications in the electronics industry for functions like insulation, super conduction, and semi-conduction, magnetic and piezoelectric applications. These processes are immensely important for the production of products like phones, television, computers and other electronic items. The demand for ceramics diesel particulate filter is estimated to grow due to the usage of materials which cause severe environmental pollution. China is advancing in the ceramics industry market due to the Chinese government’s economic development initiative, investment policy, growing population and government policies to promote industrial growth.
What are electrical and electronics ceramics?
Electro ceramics is a class of ceramic materials which are primarily used for their electrical properties. Technical Ceramics have generally been used in the industries for their mechanical, thermal and chemical stability, their electrical, optical and magnetic properties are very important in many key technological areas like communications industry, energy conversion and storage, electronics and automation industry etc. Technical Ceramics have quite a lot of properties like mechanical stability, thermal and chemical stability and they also have electrical and magnetic properties due to which they have applications in the tele-communications industry, energy conversion and storage industry, electronics and automation industry etc. These materials are further classified under electro ceramics which are different from other functional ceramics such as advanced ceramics. Developments of different categories of ceramics have grown collaterally with other new technologies like high dielectric capacitors, non-volatile memories, ferrite-data, solid electrolytes etc.
Market Research and Market Trends of Electrical and Electronics Ceramics:
- Ceramics has various properties like low thermal expansion, hardiness, ability to withstand high temperature and pressure and other properties have increased its popularity in the end-use of electrical and electronics, power and automotive industry which in turn is expected to have a positive impact on the industry in the next forecast period.
- Technical ceramics is expected to replace traditional materials like some metals over the next eight years due to their superior functional characteristics. Technical ceramics exhibit greater corrosive resistance as opposed to other products like aluminum and steel and hence are widely employed in the medical and automotive industry.
- Bio ceramics is another branch of technical ceramics where ceramics is used in organ implants like hip-joints. The advancement in medical technology and increasing population will increase the demand for medical implants. The advancement in medical technology is set to increase the demand for technical ceramics in the medical industry.
- Technical ceramics is set to reinforce the electronics industry because the average aircraft is packed with electronics. Aircraft industry is a major area for the growth of technical ceramics and it will boost the growth of technical ceramics in the electrical industry.
Who are the Major Players in Electrical and Electronics Ceramics Market?
The major players in the Electronics and Electrical ceramics market are Saint Gobain, La defense Cedex, Corning Inc. Corning NY, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd, Tokyo, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd, Kyoto Japan Morimura Group , Tokyo, Japan Morimura Group , Tokyo, Japan and other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.