The use of metallocene polyolefin is rising in film & sheet and injection molding industries at a very fast speed globally. Packaging applications is gaining immense traction from metallocene polyolefin. Metallocene offers flexibility in manufacturing and designing of films for packaging applications. Heat resistance, greater stiffness and tensile strength are properties of metallocene polyolefins which helps it to make highly acceptable in the market. At present, the market for packaging with the help of metallocene polyolefins is small but it is expected to hold strong potential in future. With the help of injection moulding and blow moulding, metallocene helps to produce packaging films with high gloss and less cloudiness.
What is Metallocene Polyolefin?
Introduced in the early 1990s, metallocene catalysts were engineered to radically change the molecular structure of polyolefins and create new application markets. Metallocenes name is taken from the new catalyst system which is employed in the synthesis of the polymers. Metallocene principal fundamental characteristic offered for the film production are identical quantity if comonomers in the polymer chain and narrow molecular weight distribution.
What are the applications of Metallocene Polyolefin?
There are various applications of metallocene polyolefins but recently packaging has started gaining traction. Apart from packaging, metallocene polyolefins are being employed in diapers, wet wipes, geotextiles, upholstery, disposable products and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Metallocene Polyolefin Market:
- High production of metallocene catalyzed polyolefins is one of the key driver of Metallocene polyolefin market. The increasing demand of metallocene catalyzed polyolefins from the end user applications such as film & sheet is expected to boost the market in future.
- Metallocene polyolefin is more expensive than other catalysts for polyolefins. So the market may face certain challenges because of its substitutes.
- The growing demand for the injection molding application from the packaging industry and technical progress of metallocene polyolefin products is a significant aspect of the growth of the industry.
Who are the Major Players in Metallocene Polyolefin Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are ExxonMobil Corporation (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), LyondellBasel Industries Holdings B.V. (Netherlands), Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC (U.S.), Total SA (France) and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.