The global broadband PLC chipset market is estimated to cross $3.60 billion by 2023 growing at CAGR 16.6% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The development of smart cities coupled with rising investments in smart grid technology is estimated to drive the overall Broadband PLC Market. New product developments by key players such as, Vango Technologies, MegaChips Corporation, Maxim Integrated and many more are resulting for the growth of the market throughout the forecast period.
What is Broadband PLC?
Broadband PLC technology transmit high speed internet through the accessible electrical paths and it enables the data transmission between 500 kilo-bits per second (kbps) to 3 mega-bits per second (Mbps) which is certainly equivalent and faster to most data transmission technologies. The prevalence of smartphones and high-speed broadband has remarkable impact on the adoption of smart homes across the globe. Therefore, these chipsets are significant traction in smart homes owing to its high-speed connectivity.
Currently, there is ample of opportunity in developing countries where the broadband penetration is relatively low when compared to developed economies, especially in the rural areas. This technology opens an emerging opportunity for the providing broadband over power lines at cheaper prices. Besides, low maintenance costs and lesser installation time makes Broadband PLC, a feasible technology for increasing broad band penetration in developing economies.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of broadband PLC chipset market by standards, definition, technology, application, modulation, voltage, component, technologies, end-user industry, integration, and geography. The major types of applications encompassed in the scope includes smart grids, networking, lighting, security & surveillance, long haul, machine to machine, and others.
What are the major applications for Broadband PLC?
Power line networking is considered one of the major application of broadband PLC and also a cheapest method of connecting devices because these are Ideal for connecting old devices to the internet which don't have built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Increasing demand for broadband power line communication technology in the indoor networking application is likely to boost the demand for broadband PLC chipsets. Power line networking at home or workplace is more secure and also eliminates the tapping of information, as the data is transferred across the copper wiring.
Market Research and Market Trends of Broadband PLC
- Consumers across the globe are continuously utilizing high speed broadband for multiple connected devices and the trend is expected to continue in future. Therefore, this will show a positively impact on the smart home market, which in turn fuel the growth of PLC broadband chipset market.
- Smart grids networks are expanding rapidly across the globe and increased efforts in R&D activities are being made on developing smart meters. According to General Electric, North America spending on smart grid market has been raised to 103 billion in 2017 from 41 billion in 2014. Thus, the automation of energy infrastructure has led to the rising investment in smart grid technology which will also fuel the PLC broadband chipset market.
- Growing installations of surveillance equipment, which is one of the most effective ways of protecting one’s property from thieves or burglars has resulted in rising demanded for the broadband PLC chipsets.
- According to IndustryARC analysis, 68 million homes are projected to be smart homes by 2019 in Europe & North America. The European market for smart home systems is in nascent stage and behind North America in terms of penetration and market growth. Moreover, low installation costs along with the wide area coverage of transmission line will further intensify the broadband PLC chipset market.
Who are the Major Players in Broadband PLC Chipset Market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Megachips Corp. (Japan), Maxim Integrated (U.S.), Broadcom (U.S.), ST Microelectronics (Switzerland), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (U.S.) and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.