The Laser diode Market earned a revenue of $5.11 billion in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.44% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. By far, Asia-pacific is the largest and fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.9%. Emergence of new market opportunities, innovative and power efficient product launches from companies are the key growth drivers for the diode laser market. The green laser diode is the fastest growing product type when compared with other diodes.
What is Diode Laser?
A Diode laser is similar to a light emitting diode which is comprised of a junction between two semiconductors. These semiconductors are small and are made of very thin slices of semiconducting material, and are very carefully manufactured so as to create a perfect p-n junction. It uses p-n junction to emit coherent light in which the waves are of same frequency and phase. This coherent light is produced is known Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Since a p-n junction is used to produce laser light, this device is named as a diode laser.
What are the major applications for Diode Laser?
Diode lasers are ideal for applications such as industrial, medical, defense, life science, scientific instrumentation, consumer electronics and others. Low power diode lasers are used in an increasing number of familiar applications in consumer electronics such as barcode readers, CD/DVD players, laser printers, fiber optic communications, security systems, surgical instruments and others.
Diode lasers have many industrial applications such as cutting, welding, engraving, drilling, scribbling etc. These are used in all major areas of electronics for autonomous vehicles where LIDAR systems implemented for autonomous driving. It is widely used in medical machines for non-invasive and cataract surgeries and other medical applications.
Market Research and Market Trends of Diode Laser Ecosystem
- Green laser diodes have wide range of applications in displays and smartphones which are delivering a wide range of highly saturated colors and focus-free operation. These diodes have also been increasingly incorporated in several applications in military, medical, semiconductor and instrumentation sectors. Their ability to operate in a wide range of temperature has significantly enhanced green laser diodes utility. The laser typically operates at 2V and its wavelength can be modulated at frequencies higher than 500 MHz
- Laser diodes made from the AlGaInN material system is an emerging technology used for defense, security and sensing applications. The AlGaInN material system allow laser diodes to be fabricated over a wide range of wavelengths from 380nm to 530nm and hence giving rise to novel applications including displays and imaging systems, free-space and underwater telecommunications, optical atomic clocks and atom interferometry.
- Many computing devices are extensively using diode lasers to enable 3D sensing systems, which are transforming the user interface for facial recognition in smartphones and other consumer devices. Google’s Tango, an augmented reality and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) service for smartphones involves the use of laser diodes.
- The trend of miniaturization of headlight systems in cars is increasing rapidly which will drive the demand for laser diodes. Mainly, laser diodes have a small size, which enables automotive companies to miniaturized headlight systems that provides a high intensity of the beam.
Who are the Major Players in Laser diode market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Osram opto semiconductor GmbH, Coherent Inc, Newport corporation, Nichia corporation, Oclaro Inc, Sumitomo electric industries limited, TRUMPF GmbH +Co. KG, Jenoptik AG, JDSU uniphase corporation, Furukawa electric company limited, Rofin Sinar technologies Inc, IPG photonics corporation, Sony corporation, Mitsubishi electric corporation.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.