Cooled IR imaging are used in various applications for their sharp thermal contrast and effectiveness in long distance imaging for man-sized targets. This imaging technology has gained popularity as an effective security and surveillance system and is being widely adopted by various industries. The global Cooled IR imaging Market is $1.9 billion in 2017 and is estimated to surpass $6.65billion during 2018-2013 growing at a CAGR of 8.45%. Military and defense applications have the majority of market share in this industry and the commercial, dual-use applications have the remaining market share.
What is Cooled IR Imaging?
An Infrared imager is a device which captures images using infrared light rather than visible light. Cooled IR imaging devices uses a vacuum sealed case to endure proper operation of the semiconductor materials used in the product. Compared to normal IR devices, these cooled IR devices are bulky and expensive. Cooled IR systems are more effective both in functionality and cost for long distance detection and tracking.
What are the major applications for Cooled IR Imaging?
Cooled IR Imaging give most of the information when there are significant temperature differences in a scene. Images are generally produced in grayscale where dark areas indicate colder temperatures and light areas warmer ones. Color palettes can be added to enhance different shades in the image. These can detect objects, people, and incidents in low-light environments, complete darkness, or other challenging conditions such as dusty and smoke-filled environments. IR imaging has proved to be a lifesaver in emergency situations.
Indoor uses include building security and emergency management. IR imaging cameras can detect humans inside a building after business hours or in emergency situations, for example, when rooms fill up with smoke. High-security buildings, nuclear power plants, correctional facilities, airports, pipelines, and sensitive sections of railways also benefit from thermal camera surveillance.
Market Research and Market Trends of Cooled IR imaging
- Opgal’s new innovative high-resolution technology provides Thermal Vision System with fused multi-spectral capabilities that provides clear images in situations with severely reduced visibility. Its advanced technology allow three times finer visibility than the naked eye. It also have the unique design that combines thermal and short wave images which offers good image quality, facial recognition and target detection.
- Thermal imagers are now used in early cancer detection especially in breast cancer where millions of people are getting affected yearly. Thermal imagers help in early detection, risk assessment, prevention using digital infrared imaging.
- Handheld thermal cameras are one of the most popular consumer gadgets of the year which is useful for everything from taking gorgeous pictures, to majorly reducing your energy bills, and also in scanning dark parking lots before you walk to your vehicle. The personal thermal camera is one product which is improving lives everywhere.
- New vehicle models are being developed with integrated thermal night driving systems. Thermal night driving assistance cameras can see in the, fog, dark, snow, and rain. The new vehicles also have a screen that shows you a clear thermal video feed of the road conditions around you, making night driving safer and easier.
- Modern thermal binoculars are used at sea to detect a human target as far away as 2000 meters, with this technology we have access to clear and sharp pictures regardless of time of day or weather conditions.
Who are the Major Players in Cooled IR imaging market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes FLIR systems, Testo AG, fluke, NEC avio, Wuhan guide infrared, Axis communication, Bullard, Bosch security.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.