Professional hair coloring products has the largest share of 41.1% with revenue of $63.79million and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3%. Hair care products in Malaysia are estimated to witness immense growth due to large group of first-time full-time working women resulting in higher disposable incomes and purchases. In 2017, the Hair Color market was valued at 27.2 million and is estimated to witness the highest growth rate of 4.6% during 2018-2023 in Malaysia. Organic colors are preferred by customers due to awareness of post coloring negative effects by usage of Ammonia and Paraben containing colors. The Straightening products account for 76% of the overall hair straightening & perming market in Malaysia as of 2017. Services such as straightening are not poised to witness much growth due to the negative effects and hair damage resulting from the chemicals used in hair straightening products, consecutively a slight decline in the market share can be witnessed during the forecast period 2018-23.
Increasing disposable income and growing fashion awareness is enabling the people to opt for expensive and more trending stylish haircuts and styling procedures such as usage of gels and sprays for setting of hairs in desired style. These aforementioned attributes are anticipated to drive the Malaysia Hair care market during the forecast period.
Applications of Professional Hair care Market
Hair care Products are applied to provide natural solutions for common hair troubles such as the itchy scalp, hair loss, dandruff, frizzy hair, split ends, etc. They are also used to provide hair styling hair cleansing and conditioning. Hair problems can occur due to reasons such as poor diet, modern life, stress, using artificial products, and exposure to pollutants which cause the dry or oily hair, dull hair, split ends, breakage, dandruff, lack of bounce, hair fall, and itching. The hair care may be preventive or curative.
Market Research and Market Trends of Malaysia Professional Hair Care Market
- The ultra-selective hair care line in hair salons with hair care booths and luxury aesthetic institutes are coupled with technological innovation which naturally covers the grey hair in just five minutes. For salons this is a new add-on service which has been enthusiastically welcomed by hairdressers.
- Increasingly difficult and improved formulas of conditioners and hair treatments have helped to grab the interest of local buyers. The slowing down of economic growth in Malaysia has also influenced a great number of consumers to turn to caring for their hair at home instead of visiting hair salons very often.
- The Vitamin Precursors formula has been continuously developed by brand´s hair specialists. This novel technology indulges the quick release of micro directed actives in the areas of restoration and promises a better conditioning and fixation.
- More than 48% of female population in Malaysia is less than 25 years old where they are mostly engaged in using conditioners. Eventually it lead to be one of the fastest growing product category with great value and demand for specific hair care products. Progressively, it indulges and influences people to have a healthy growth which keeps the market competitive.
- Most nationalities and consumers are involved in using Anti-dandruff shampoos which are majorly dominated by Procter and Gamble's Head & Shoulders. Furthermore, Unilever's brands came in to existence with newly added formulas which reduces hair loss and anti-dryness.
Who are the Major Players in Brazil Professional Hair care market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Avon products, L’oreal, Procter & Gamble co, Revlon Inc, Unilever group, Cadiver, Pidielle srl, Davines group and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.